The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

CAMBER BOLT QUESTIONS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have a set of Eibach camber bolts that will be installed soon and I have several questions regarding their use.

1. Can the camber be adjusted with the bolts with the car on ramps with full weight on the tires or must I jack it up and remove the wheels?

2. What is the effect on toe when adjusting the camber bolt from zero to full negative camber?

3. What is the stock toe setting?

4. What toe setting is best to use with full negative camber (approx -2 degrees with these bolts)? If possible I would like to keep the bolt at full negative camber on both street and track so I’d like the combination of toe and camber to be acceptable for street use.
Thanks.
- Jim

YellowJacketBoss302 said:
I have a set of Eibach camber bolts that will be installed soon and I have several questions regarding their use.

1. Can the camber be adjusted with the bolts with the car on ramps with full weight on the tires or must I jack it up and remove the wheels?

2. What is the effect on toe when adjusting the camber bolt from zero to full negative camber?

3. What is the stock toe setting?

4. What toe setting is best to use with full negative camber (approx -2 degrees with these bolts)? If possible I would like to keep the bolt at full negative camber on both street and track so I’d like the combination of toe and camber to be acceptable for street use.
Thanks.
- Jim

I got these and managed to get max -2.1 from both sides.
The car will toe out with more camber (because tierod is infront of the lca).

Stock alignment is 0 toe up front.
FWIW I kept it at 0 toe, -2.1 camber. It's a mix..... On a local high speed circuit (Mosport), it's great. Stable, turns in as I need it to and stable.
On a smaller, street style circuit local to me...I need more toe out. Corner entry could use some improvement at that track...so it depends what kind of track you hit up most frequently!

As well, -2.1 is no where near enough for serious track use. I was happy I got that much, but after just 1 time attack, my tire shoulders are dead (tire pressure was 40psi hot - so it wasnt a pressure issue!). Not only that, but I could still use more mid corner bite from the front end. You won't get much tire wear at -2 with street use. It's pretty mild.

Photo of how it will turn out:

1233373_435800286538645_1379092878_n.jpg

Thanks boro92. Sorry to hear that -2.1 is not enough to help with the tire shoulder wear. That's the main reason I got the bolts. Ill give them a try anyway. I run at Barber Motorsports park and that is a fairly tight course. So, with luck, the toe out at maximum negative camber will be about right.

Given that the outside shoulder wears out much, much faster than the rest of the tire -- how much toe out can I stand for a combination of street and track driving?
Thanks.
- Jim

Don't write off -2 degrees off yet as not being enough. It depends on the tire you run and the suspension, and how hard you run. I had -2.2 degrees on front/left at Watkins Glen two sessions ago and the front right inside got eaten up like mad (like it was too much camber). The 2nd time at the glen both were at about -1.5 and they wore evenly to about where they should be. I've been running about -1.5 at all HPDEs this season and my tires have worn very evenly, have a lot of grip, and they are squealing (not screeching) on every turn.

Currently running Dunlop Direzza star specs 275x18. I definitely drive the shiznit out of that car too, I'm no grandmother.

kpetronis said:
Don't write off -2 degrees off yet as not being enough. It depends on the tire you run and the suspension, and how hard you run. I had -2.2 degrees on front/left at Watkins Glen two sessions ago and the front right inside got eaten up like mad (like it was too much camber). The 2nd time at the glen both were at about -1.5 and they wore evenly to about where they should be. I've been running about -1.5 at all HPDEs this season and my tires have worn very evenly, have a lot of grip, and they are squealing (not screeching) on every turn.

Currently running Dunlop Direzza star specs 275x18. I definitely drive the shiznit out of that car too, I'm no grandmother.
That's reassuring. Thanks. Bolts were installed a couple of days ago. Camber is LF -2.0. RF -1.8. Toe for each is 0.1 degree out. (0.2 total toe out). I don't have any feel for whether that's a little or a lot. Next HPDE is at Barber in a week. That should answer a lot. By the way, I'm running stock suspension and p zero tires.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
YellowJacketBoss302 said:
That's reassuring. Thanks. Bolts were installed a couple of days ago. Camber is LF -2.0. RF -1.8. Toe for each is 0.1 degree out. (0.2 total toe out). I don't have any feel for whether that's a little or a lot. Next HPDE is at Barber in a week. That should answer a lot. By the way, I'm running stock suspension and p zero tires.

That's about 1/8" total toe. Not too much for the track, but too far out for the street IMO. I wouldn't drive very far like that.

TMO Supporting Vendors