The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Camber bolts needed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So I finaly got my front springs done ( FRPP T) springs, BMR LCA's and relo brackets and am taking it in for an alignment on Wednesday. Along with that, I'm getting them to instal the adjustable BMR UCA and mount as I couldn't get the bolt under the seat off with the tools I have. My question is will I need the camber bolts. How much - camber will they provide, and would it be beneficial to put them in for just street and highway driving. Will there be enough -camber to chew up the outsides of the tires? Also, what pinion angle would work the best for my setup with the one peice aluminum driveshaft I now have?
Thanks again for your opinions.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Lowering the front will give an increase in negative camber with the T springs on a Boss maybe .2 degree more than what you had stock. So the wear will move twards the inside shoulder but not much. I personally don't like camber bolts, if you want adjustable camber to allow more negative then go with camber/caster plates either from Maximum Motorsports or Vorschlag. They are both well tested and respected setups. Camber bolts are cheap but they don't hold adjustment well and if installed poorly can cause stress failure at the spindle upright due to movement at the base of the strut.
Just my $.02
Steve

+1, with Steve, I had camber bolts for a very short time and wasn't entirely thrilled with riding around with them installed. A smaller bolt with less torque than the stock bolt doesn't seem like the right way to go for adjustability. As for the pinion angle I believe -2 is usually what people say works best, however I would call the manufacturer of the DS and ask them what they recommend as each one is a little different I believe.

steveespo said:
Lowering the front will give an increase in negative camber with the T springs on a Boss maybe .2 degree more than what you had stock. So the wear will move twards the inside shoulder but not much. I personally don't like camber bolts, if you want adjustable camber to allow more negative then go with camber/caster plates either from Maximum Motorsports or Vorschlag. They are both well tested and respected setups. Camber bolts are cheap but they don't hold adjustment well and if installed poorly can cause stress failure at the spindle upright due to movement at the base of the strut.
Just my $.02
Steve
Thank you Steve, I'll just leave the stock bolts in!

Brandon302 said:
+1, with Steve, I had camber bolts for a very short time and wasn't entirely thrilled with riding around with them installed. A smaller bolt with less torque than the stock bolt doesn't seem like the right way to go for adjustability. As for the pinion angle I believe -2 is usually what people say works best, however I would call the manufacturer of the DS and ask them what they recommend as each one is a little different I believe.
Thanks Brandon302, The instructions say -2 to -3 with the stock two peice. I would think that it would be safe in that range.

TMO Supporting Vendors