The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Camber plate question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Good point, I go to get my alignment done with my 275/35-19 street tires that are 26.6" and I get -2.4 camber and zero toe. My semis or R7s are 295/30-18 so the are only 25.3"

I cant get the car up on the ramp at the shop with the race tires on. So I guess am ending with up camber around -2.6 and a little amount of toe out. Have to get an instrument or find a lower ramp.

Mad Hatter said:
Good point, I go to get my alignment done with my 275/35-19 street tires that are 26.6" and I get -2.4 camber and zero toe. My semis or R7s are 295/30-18 so the are only 25.3"

I cant get the car up on the ramp at the shop with the race tires on. So I guess am ending with up camber around -2.6 and a little amount of toe out. Have to get an instrument or find a lower ramp.

A number of us on the board use longacre products to do our own alignments at home. It is a fair upfront cost, but the tools do pay for themselves over time.

http://www.longacreracing.com/products.aspx?itemid=1709&prodid=7216&pagetitle=Deluxe+Toe+Plates+(pair)

http://www.longacreracing.com/products.aspx?itemid=1797&prodid=7215&pagetitle=Digital+C%2fC+Gauge+w+AccuLevel™+and+Quick+Set™+LW+Adapter

For caster, we usually just shove the plates all the way to the back. You really want as much caster as you can get, an there normally isn't that much difference between the sides. Both my left and right side plates max out right at 7 degrees of positive caster.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
I do my own alignment as well. Toe plates and Maximum Motorsports CC gauge. Easy to do.

And yes, increase in camber --> more toe out. Unless you have a retard car (i.e. BMW) that has the tie rods on the back side of the wheel, then it's all backwards. Helped my buddy align his M5 and we did it completely backwards whoops. Definitely required more beers than a normal alignment and I had to turn my brain around and think backwards: add toe out means tighten the tie rod ends...crazy Germans!

TMO Supporting Vendors