The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Camber plates/N4SM wheels/Cup 2s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I tested out my new setup at the track the other day. I posted this on the other site, but rather than just posting the link I copied everything over........

After my wheels arrived from Paul at N4SM I quickly went and had them wrapped with Michelin Sport Cup 2s in 305/30/19(f) and 315/30/19(r). Then I bought some Maximum Motorsports camber plates and got the alignment done. The alignment was done roughly to the R-specs provided in the owners supplement, and off I went to the track! I previously had three days on the car with the stock wheels, MPSS, and stock alignment.

In out of the box stock form this car is real impressive. Most of all, the grip level of the MPSS was pretty amazing for a street tire. However, these low-level mods brings the track experience to a new level. With this setup the car is much more precise....scalpel-like precise. On the road with all of the pavement character the car is actually pretty darty. On a spirited cruise I will definitely go back to the stock wheels and tires. However, I have yet to see how the stock wheels and tires will be behave with the new alignment.

The other very notable change with this setup is the elimination of any understeer. In stock form you could definitely induce a bit of understeer and had to drive accordingly to stay away from it. Despite the staggered fitment, with the sticky 305's up front and the alignment dialed in there was not a hint of understeer all day.

The wheels worked great. I used the lug nuts Paul provided and had no issues with them. It's hard to feel, with all the changes, how much the weight reduction in the wheels actually changed things. This is essentially a track combination setup and the sum of the parts together work in symbiotic fashion.

N4SM R-specs called for track duty:

DSC_0622.jpg

The hunt:

DSC_0330.jpg

DSC_0338.jpg

Rotate:

edc9210b-9079-4494-b8cd-909f4bbff838.jpg

Looking good. I should have my wheels mounted in a couple of weeks.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
CSL:

The Shelby looks great and I'm glad to see that you are pleased with the out come. Good luck on the track and be safe out there.

All the Best,
302 Hi Pro

TMO Supporting Vendors