The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Camber Plates vs Camber Bolts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Having had a set of MM Adjustable Camber/Caster plates installed on my 2007 Shelby GT, I was wondering if going with just the BOLTS would be a whole lot better??? Obviously, they are much cheaper and easier to install... But can you "adjust" them just as easy as the PLATES???

Only looking for about -2 degrees Camber for an occasional Open Track session during the Spring/Summer months here in KS... For those of you who use just the bolts, so you leave them set on the Negative??? Or can you return them back to a "stock" setting for day-to-day driving on the Street???

THANKS in Advance!!!

07SGT0547 said:
Having had a set of MM Adjustable Camber/Caster plates installed on my 2007 Shelby GT, I was wondering if going with just the BOLTS would be a whole lot better??? Obviously, they are much cheaper and easier to install... But can you "adjust" them just as easy as the PLATES???

Only looking for about -2 degrees Camber for an occasional Open Track session during the Spring/Summer months here in KS... For those of you who use just the bolts, so you leave them set on the Negative??? Or can you return them back to a "stock" setting for day-to-day driving on the Street???

THANKS in Advance!!!
I had the holes on my stock struts hogged out before installing MM c/c plates and got -1.9 degrees. I would think if you go that route you could easily adjust them back by tipping the spindle back to the edge of the upper holes in the strut. Hog out the top hole of the strut to the inside to gain more camber. Then use a paint pen to mark different camber locations if you want to switch back and forth. -2.0 on the street is no big deal though.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
07SGT0547 said:

THANKS in Advance!!!

I don't know if bolts are better...but they are certainly cheaper and easier. Adjusting is really easy too, but the only thing that gets in the way is waiting for brakes to cool before making changes. I've run from -1.7 to -2.4 on the street with no problems.

I know people who race their Mustangs (not Bosses though), not just track them, who use camber bolts and told me to just get them instead of plates. I don't know if it is to avoid points but they seem to work fine. IIRC that is what the FRRP guy told me too.

I like the idea of the bolts as they are easier to return to original, easier to install and cheaper. I don't need much additional camber.

Where did you guys get them?

Mike

Thanks for the info ???

Pretty much what I expected... Just have to decide which direction I want to go with in the future...

TMO Supporting Vendors