The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Camber question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Not defending the shop, but we see your issue quite alot at our Dealership. Guys come in wanting more negative camber stating the place they took it to did not want to do much more than 1 degree. I think this is partly due to a lack of understanding of the track enthusiast and working with the typical customer who just wants a slightly aggressive alignment. The fear seems to be about tire wear and being held accountable. There does not seem to be the realization we will have the tires worn out long before the alignment affects it, ha.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Bill, it seems a number of bosses including mine just cant go past negative 2 degrees. Personally I like to have mine set to about negative 2.5 but I would have the hot out the camber bolts to do it.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Not sure why you only able to get 2 degrees, as we have had great luck with the MM Camber plates and I am at exactly 2.7 on each side.

Have heard some issues with some other systems, but will refrain as those are hearsay, and who knows. We have not had an issue yet, but I do know some are saying, like you, that they can't get much more than 2 degrees. Puzzling, I will admit?

PeteInCT

Connecticut
its how the car was welded up i'd guess. My passenger side can go to 2.4 but the driver side can only go to 2.0

PeteInCT

Connecticut
You dont count wise a%#, you slammed your suspension! ;-) Don't make me show up at Road America and toast your butt ! LOL

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Pete if you are going to go all the way to Road America, you might as well just head out to MPH ( Motorsports Park , Hastings ) in late September for the Mustang/ Ford Roundup. There you can toast Gary's butt , or if he runs like his derriere is on fire, you can at least go over to the bar on site and toast to his victory. See , that way you can say you toasted him either way --- plus there is drag racing and an autocross , so you might have 3 opportunities to whip up on him.

Of course you do realize by the time September comes around Gary will have succumbed to another round of mods and have chrome muffler bearings , thrush mounted stabilizer pitons, cylindrical ported exhaust phalanx tubes and mouseproofed valve stems. Sorry , you may have to just win in bench racing as the fastest guy with a Boss that doesn't have $100,000 extra in performance accessories ( just saying )

PeteInCT

Connecticut
You forgot to mention the new super secret paint that 3M is making for him. It has special reflective properties that make it look like he's in front of you even though he's really behind you ! Based on all the mods he's putting into that car I may need some of that stuff too ;-)

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
;D
Uh, yes you may have been able to do that...............but I seriously doubt any of us would expect you to keep a Ford GT stock either. Therefore , good choice and keep posting , so the rest of us can decide what we want to buy and what we don't .

Thank you again Dr. Experimentation.

Bill Pemberton said:
Pete if you are going to go all the way to Road America, you might as well just head out to MPH ( Motorsports Park , Hastings ) in late September for the Mustang/ Ford Roundup. There you can toast Gary's butt , or if he runs like his derriere is on fire, you can at least go over to the bar on site and toast to his victory. See , that way you can say you toasted him either way --- plus there is drag racing and an autocross , so you might have 3 opportunities to whip up on him.

Of course you do realize by the time September comes around Gary will have succumbed to another round of mods and have chrome muffler bearings , thrush mounted stabilizer pitons, cylindrical ported exhaust phalanx tubes and mouseproofed valve stems. Sorry , you may have to just win in bench racing as the fastest guy with a Boss that doesn't have $100,000 extra in performance accessories ( just saying )
Or you could bring your Viper ACR to MPH Memorial Day weekend and toast me with that :p

cloud9 said:
Or you could bring your Viper ACR to MPH Memorial Day weekend and toast me with that :p
Now that might be worth making the trip to MPH. 8)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel