The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Camber setting maxed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
CA
Recently purchased and installed some vorshlag cc plates on my 2012 Mustang GT to replace my MM cc plates and get some extra negative camber but somehow I lost about -.5 on each side. Not sure how that happened because I know everyone else seems to get more with the vorshlag setup. I’m currently maxed out at -2.1 and -2.2. The only change I made was the cc plates and they are maxed out. Reached out to vorshlag and Terry was very helpful but I still can’t find the issue. Instead of badgering him over the phone about it I thought maybe I’d reach out and see if someone else may have had a similar issue.
For reference I’m running feal 441 coil overs, MM K-member, stock A-arms and MM bumpsteer kit. And I already cut up my strut towers to allow for extra travel. Any help is appreciated.

In the V6L
Recently purchased and installed some vorshlag cc plates on my 2012 Mustang GT to replace my MM cc plates and get some extra negative camber but somehow I lost about -.5 on each side. Not sure how that happened because I know everyone else seems to get more with the vorshlag setup. I’m currently maxed out at -2.1 and -2.2. The only change I made was the cc plates and they are maxed out. Reached out to vorshlag and Terry was very helpful but I still can’t find the issue. Instead of badgering him over the phone about it I thought maybe I’d reach out and see if someone else may have had a similar issue.
For reference I’m running feal 441 coil overs, MM K-member, stock A-arms and MM bumpsteer kit. And I already cut up my strut towers to allow for extra travel. Any help is appreciated.
Are you positive they're installed correctly? I had them on my S197 back in 2015 and I got more than that without cutting the fender. If they're installed reversed in the mount or on the wrong side, it would really reduce the amount of negative camber you can get, although positive camber would be a breeze.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
CA
@JAJ from what I can tell everything installed correctly.
Vorshlag logo towards front of the car and on their respective sides LF/RF.
@mavisky I was concerned that the MM k-member had something to do with it but from I was told it shouldn’t have any effect. And it’s not offset because camber is equal on each side.

Its not the K member, I put one on my car just last month and my camber readings were within .1 of the old ones.

How much clearance between the wheel and strut? TO get max negative camber you have to minimize the clearance here.

DaveW

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
CA
@mavisky no camber bolts and @BluPil there’s no room in the strut mount slots for any camber adjustment. @DaveW I have about 5-6mm but even if I wanted to push closer I don’t have any adjustment left.

I took it all apart and double checked the cc plates and as far as I can tell they’re installed properly.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel