The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Cams?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
CJ: intake 13mm lift, 263 adv duration. Exhaust 13mm lift, 290 adv

Stage 3 comp: intake 12.5mm lift, 276 adv. exhaust 11.5mm lift, 283 adv

The cj's are "bigger" cams but the CJ cams have too much lift for stock gt heads. There is machining required as well as different springs. They are bolt in for boss heads.

Whether bigger makes more power...Who knows?

pufferfish said:
CJ: intake 13mm lift, 263 adv duration. Exhaust 13mm lift, 290 adv

Stage 3 comp: intake 12.5mm lift, 276 adv. exhaust 11.5mm lift, 283 adv

The cj's are "bigger" cams but the CJ cams have too much lift for stock gt heads. There is machining required as well as different springs. They are bolt in for boss heads.

Whether bigger makes more power...Who knows?

Sounds tempting to try, but for the labor cost and minimal gain from where I stand...I do not think it is worth it.

Regards,

Manuel

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
Definitely not worth the effort as you already have impressive numbers. But given a choice, the cjs may have been a better choice. I think comp optimized their cams for gt engines. The cj's were developed on the boss engine.

pufferfish said:
Definitely not worth the effort as you already have impressive numbers. But given a choice, the cjs may have been a better choice. I think comp optimized their cams for gt engines. The cj's were developed on the boss engine.
Thanks bro!

TMO Supporting Vendors