The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Camshaft sensor differences between '12 and '13 ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
I've been told that one of the changes between the '12 and '13 Boss was the camshaft sensors. Does anyone have any finite evidence of this ? I am curious if they did make a change in '13 and if it's solely a connector change or if the whole sensor (including the connector) is different. Rumor is that there was at least a connector change (hence, '12 engine wiring harness won't work on a '13) that addressed bad connectivity issues due to vibrations from the engine. I am still having problems with P0300 codes and limp mode and am curious if the sensors may be the cause of the problem.

PeteInCT

Connecticut
BOSS343 said:
You ever get word on this Pete?

no I was never able to find out exactly. I suspect it is only a conectar difference. However, the sensor part number will be different solely because the difference is the connective it has. I suspect the actual specs of the sensor itself we're not changed. The harness is also a different part number because of the connectors.

PeteInCT

Connecticut
Yes, they added orings to the same crankshaft sensors. I was questioning if the camshaft sensors were different in the '13s other than the connectors on them

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel