The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Can the #2 OS be turned off and still retain trackey?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I had Kook's LT with a catted h-pipe installed during our shitty weather and I now am able to put some miles on my car, and just like I've read in the forums, the CEL light comes on after about 50 miles. For some reason it went away by itself, I think it's because I used the silver key, different diag log's are stored for each. I know there are several people on this forum that have LT's and Trackey. What did you do? I will be installing my cat-less legs but I want to resolve this issue first.

I want to turn off the rear os in the ECU but I don't want to lose the Trackey programming. I tried with the SCT programmer but it tells me " ECU is not supported ". Do I need to use the Racers software from SCT or is that a waste of time and money?. It's not hard for me to ignore the light, I don't see it because of the steering wheel's in the way, but if something is wrong I want it to light, I like my idiot lights. Any input would be great.

To my knowledge no tuners have cracked TK and Ford has still not released it to SCT, so the answer is no. You'll have to live with the CEL or have a tuner shut it off using the silver key tune. TK is cool, but from a practical standpoint it doesn't change lap times and it's clunky to drive on the street. I would assume the reason they haven't released it is there is more to come on future vehicles, and they don't want to give up the competitive advantage, which should be exciting.

Cloud9,
It was kind of strange that it wouldn't let me log the redkey, but worked fine with the silver key. After I tried to log the redkey, it gave a undetermined code that was something like 60080, that's not the actual number but it close, and understandably had no description, so I cleared it. Did you have you installer turn you 02 sensors off in the ECU from day 1 and just retain the stock program or did he get in ECU to turn it off and trackey disappeared afterwards?

racered302 said:
Cloud9,
It was kind of strange that it wouldn't let me log the redkey, but worked fine with the silver key. After I tried to log the redkey, it gave a undetermined code that was something like 60080, that's not the actual number but it close, and understandably had no description, so I cleared it. Did you have you installer turn you 02 sensors off in the ECU from day 1 and just retain the stock program or did he get in ECU to turn it off and trackey disappeared afterwards?
He sent me a tune shutting off the rear O2s that I loaded on the X3 and installed it. It pulls the stock tune (TK and silver key) and writes it to the X3. If I return to stock I'm told both programs would again be active although I haven't bothered to try it.

Today I switched back to the redkey and drove about 70 miles and the CEL didn't come back on. I wonder what happened. I'm not complaining, just thinking out loud. Maybe I confused it.

cloud9 said:
He sent me a tune shutting off the rear O2s that I loaded on the X3 and installed it. It pulls the stock tune (TK and silver key) and writes it to the X3. If I return to stock I'm told both programs would again be active although I haven't bothered to try it.

It would be really great is you could verify that. If I know I will not loose the track key program switching back and forth between an AED tune and stock with red key, I would pull the trigger on the Red Key today! I am willing to bet others are VERY interested in the results, too.

On the O2 sensor... here in MA, my co-worker had a huge problem with getting an inspection sticker for his Super Snake... he was told any program that turns off the O2 sensors will fail inspection. Even if the sensors are there and work fine. I would check on your states rules, MA is very anal.

I am 100% positive that your stock/trackey is stored in the tuning device, it's been done by others on this forum and a few others, they have had their car tunes installed and reverted back to stock/trackey for one reason or another.

As for the laws on emissions, the only thing they do is check to see if you have a light and if your gas cap is sealed correctly. I think they look underneath to make sure you have Cats during the yearly inspection too. It depends on where you go. They don't jack in to read the ECU though.

Good to know, thanks! IIRC, the Ford dealer did plug in to the OBDII when I brought my GT in for a sticker. Now I am wondering if they were checking for an aftermarket tune or to see if any non-CEL codes popped up... sneaky...

The light came on not long after I drove it the second time, crap weather kept me grounded. I did look in to some mini cats and other things but I not convinced enough that they will work. I'll save my money for now and ignore the light.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
WinterSucks said:
It would be really great is you could verify that. If I know I will not loose the track key program switching back and forth between an AED tune and stock with red key, I would pull the trigger on the Red Key today! I am willing to bet others are VERY interested in the results, too.

On the O2 sensor... here in MA, my co-worker had a huge problem with getting an inspection sticker for his Super Snake... he was told any program that turns off the O2 sensors will fail inspection. Even if the sensors are there and work fine. I would check on your states rules, MA is very anal.
verified I swap back and forth all the time. I have AED tunes on mine currently

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TMO Supporting Vendors