The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Can we talk about guns and the problem with anarchy that is with us (the riots and crimes)?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

1995CobraR

Three time Champion
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Sandy Springs, GA
The dudes moved from protesting to crimes to looting and burning businesses.

In GA, we are a Castle State which says we can use deadly force to protect our property, our business, and our family. We take this very seriously.

Rem870.jpgRem870a.jpg

I also have a licence to carry Colt 1911 .45 ACP guns.

ColtGCT.jpgColtGCT1.jpg

I will defend my family with whatever is needed to stop this anarcchy.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
I have a few 1911’s and a couple of pump guns. I prefer modern .45s with double stack mags and night sites. Nothing beats the crowd pleasing abilities of my Benelli M-2 12 ga. Ghost rings and a smooth light recoil.
Peaceful protest is protected, I support the concept. Want to loot, burn and destroy??? See above.

1995CobraR

Three time Champion
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Sandy Springs, GA
I have a few 1911’s and a couple of pump guns. I prefer modern .45s with double stack mags and night sites. Nothing beats the crowd pleasing abilities of my Benelli M-2 12 ga. Ghost rings and a smooth light recoil.
Peaceful protest is protected, I support the concept. Want to loot, burn and destroy??? See above.

I feel my Remington 870 Pump is good. It's nothing like the pump/loading action to warn a criminal. It eats 3" shells for breakfast.. I mix 00 with slugs to get the best protection.

The above Colt Gold Cup Trophy is one that I just keep in the car.

I have a few more:
ColtGCNM1a.jpg

Talo.jpg

I support the 2nd Amendment and the laws of My Castle State.

I am not for violence until a criminal threatens my home or family.

Last edited:

TMSBOSS

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
I live in Illinois (Booooo) and work in Mississippi. So different on how they look at personal and property rights.

Nice colts. I have a single stack with a national match slide as well as a double stack race gun. My wife keeps the mossberg 500 for the same reasons you mentioned. The lower colt above looks neglected....still has the manufacturers tag on it. Is it a collectors piece??

1995CobraR

Three time Champion
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Sandy Springs, GA
I live in Illinois (Booooo) and work in Mississippi. So different on how they look at personal and property rights.

Nice colts. I have a single stack with a national match slide as well as a double stack race gun. My wife keeps the mossberg 500 for the same reasons you mentioned. The lower colt above looks neglected....still has the manufacturers tag on it. Is it a collectors piece??

Not a a collector piece. Here is our strategy:
GAguys.jpg

1995CobraR

Three time Champion
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Sandy Springs, GA
A friend sent this to me and he was serious.

You can plunder and rape in the liberal sections, but it is very difficult when you get up where folks own guns and know how to use them.

@Ludachris this is not Mustang related. please relocate to the paddock or delete since it’s political. This is not what TMO is about..

gnite
Might be time to leave the forum. I need a place to escape the madness of today's world and this is a good place to do that. Lets not screw this up. Talking about this stuff will only cause problems. Remember don't talk about a man's politics or his money.

TMSBOSS

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Silver LS. I respect your point and your request. This will be my last post on this thread. Although I DO NOT see this as politics. After all, which party would you then see as supporting anarchy and which would be against anarchy:??? Its a national problem which deserves a national discussion VOID OF POLITICS!!!!! Why do some assume and or demand to make this political?? Maybe that is the problem. Once an issue is seen as political/polarizing, discussions stop!! Why?? We are falling into the facebook model. Don't like the discussion, object, block, troll etc.. Disgusting. God forbid, don't discuss. Last question for you all to ponder. IF we don't discuss this as a nation, what other road will take us to a solution??

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Silver LS. I respect your point and your request. This will be my last post on this thread. Although I DO NOT see this as politics. After all, which party would you then see as supporting anarchy and which would be against anarchy:??? Its a national problem which deserves a national discussion VOID OF POLITICS!!!!! Why do some assume and or demand to make this political?? Maybe that is the problem. Once an issue is seen as political/polarizing, discussions stop!! Why?? We are falling into the facebook model. Don't like the discussion, object, block, troll etc.. Disgusting. God forbid, don't discuss. Last question for you all to ponder. IF we don't discuss this as a nation, what other road will take us to a solution??
This is comical coming from someone who thought discussion about suspension stuff needed to be stopped...in a car forum.

It’s clear you only value the ability to voice what YOU hate.

EDIT:
Gets even stranger when this is the one post in this thread that Bill chose to like so far.

Last edited:
Bay Area
Might be time to leave the forum. I need a place to escape the madness of today's world and this is a good place to do that. Lets not screw this up. Talking about this stuff will only cause problems. Remember don't talk about a man's politics or his money.
I’ll stick around but I’m here for Mustangs, track days, and interacting with my friends about car stuff. I have my share of guns but if I want to talk about that I go to another site. But thanks for your advice. Let’s talk about suspension set ups.

Last edited:
In the V6L
Don't get me wrong - I grew up with guns and know how to shoot them and maintain them. I like them. Heck, the last boss I had was a retired SWAT team sniper and my dear departed uncle was in spec ops.

My problem with gun threads on non-gun forums is that they tend to create a subtle polarization that's unhelpful. Cars bring out testosterone, but guns bring out a toxic form of it, and it tends to roll into "people who disagree with me are idiots" discussions. Just look at the title of this thread, and post #5 - setting the stage for "us vs. them" talking points.

As I said earlier, I've moved on from some forums because of the polarization that came out of a well-intended gun thread or two.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
I come to TMO as a mental respite to avoid the MSM narrative of the day. This is by far the best Performance Mustang Forum going, so I’m not interested in the ‘social’ Threads & Post that should be on someone’s FB page.

Sorry to some but my vote is to lock this thread, & let’s stay true to the TMO mission.

All the best & stay safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel