The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Can you add remote start?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PatientZero

@restless_performance
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Kansas City, Missouri
I have a 2019 Fusion with Copilot 360. I can remote start the car through my phone app or my Apple watch app but not with the key fob(it doesn't even have the button). This seems like a really stupid oversight by Ford. Since the car is obviously capable of remote start can I just have it "activated" by the dealer and get a new key fob with the start button on it? Anybody have any idea?

My Son bought a brand new manual FRS a few yrs back and the dealer installed a remote start to it, so I'm sure you can get what you want................He could start that car from any where in the world with his phone...............

carver

breaker of wrenches
ontario
I dont know about Mustangs but some of the guys on the Focus RS Forum installed them. It was a complicated install as I remember. I never tried it on my RS. I did have one installed on my wife's 17 Subie Crosstrek 5 speed. It was a disaster. Didn't work half the time. You had to follow a specific setup ritual every time you parked the car in order to engage the remote start. It was not to be trusted. It would start up sometimes then lock the doors at random times for no reason and lock you out ( running with the keys in it. ).Then the alarm would go off !!! Always had to carry the spare keys just in-case. If I left the car for more then 3 days the battery would be dead every time. I was ready to drive it off a cliff !! Total frustration so we took it out and never looked back. Something to do with being a manual trans set up.

TMO Supporting Vendors