The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Can you Load Track Wheels & Tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boomerstoys

Keep the shiny side up & the rubber side down!
I have a buddy with a 07 GT/CS that runs 18" square (think 275/40/18 but not sure). He can fit these in his car, one in the spare tire well, 1 on top of this in the trunk and 2 in the back seat area. (they are in tire/wheel totes)

My question to you track rats, can you fit a staggered set of 19"s in the Boss. I drive on street wheels to venues that are 4 to 5 hours away and there is no way I'd drive on "R" compound tires.

Thanks & Cheers!

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Yes, but try it like this to have room for more gear/a cooler and a tool box in the trunk:

One in the spare tire well, two side-by side flat in the backseat (folded down, of course), then a third on top of the two in the backseat.

That's how I take my car to the track...

TMO Supporting Vendors