The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Can you really fit four tires inside a Mustang? (for track days)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stock GT 350 with rear seat in: No Problem bringing 315/ 780-R19 slicks ( or 305's ) and Jack, tools, spares, 2 folding chairs, other gear.I have gone with one in the trunk w/all other stuff, two in rear seat area, one on passenger front seat. I have done it hillbilly style with old bedsheets/bungee cords to cover track wheelset on the way to & from, but the wheelcovers are a way better idea. Three in back set is a smart idea, as restricted visibility with a 19" projectile in the front seat. Plastic bags another good idea, but once I was too exausted to be careful packing up, plastic shredded, and I scratched the aluminum passenger front dash panel with gravel that was stuck on my track tires. Adds character. Wrestling all this in and out, and humping wheels trackside isn't fun for my middle-aged back and toothpick guns, but I don't have a pickup, trailer, or fan-club/bro. It's worth the hassle to bring/run slicks (when I have them).

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
With 2012 or 2013 Boss , three in the back seat with Tire Rack wheel/tire covers, and one in the trunk. As noted above, jack, tools, small cooler , 2 clean pairs of underwear and a toothbrush!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Langley, BC
11-14 car. I can fit 4x 315/30/18 on 18x10.5 wheels. With the 4pt Watson half cage. You have to pull the passenger seat to fit two there. Then stack two in the trunk, but to fit them you have to remove the trunk latch first.. Then re-attach the trunk latch after they're in. Trunk latch is 2x 8mm bolts

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel