The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Can you remove Track Key tune????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SVO WOODY

Cruising Southern Ontario
Canada
Down the road if I decide to take my car in a different direction, can the TK tune be removed like any other tune with a handheld or is it a permanent beast

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
yes you can get a tune after the trackey. I have. the red key will still say trackey active yada yada but wont do anything. when you download the factory tune with the handheld it stores both tunes silver and red on it and then you load a custom tune. So later if you put it back to stock you can reload the factory tune and trackey.

Justin, when you use one of your tune's, does it act the same with both key's? In other words does the tune cascade to both ecm's? Have you tried uploading a tune with each key to see if it made a difference?

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
racered302 said:
Justin, when you use one of your tune's, does it act the same with both key's? In other words does the tune cascade to both ecm's? Have you tried uploading a tune with each key to see if it made a difference?
I load the AED tunes with the silver key. with the steeda tunes they told me I had to load it with the silver key. With the JLP tune I loaded it with the red key and both keys ran the JLP tune. I havent tried to run the red key with AED tune. I dont use it cause I dont need to and its one less thing to clear in the morning when I start the car cause it will still say trackey active no matter the tune that is loaded but it isnt actually running the trackey tune.

I was wondering if it would revert back to the standard tune with the redkey if you used the silver to program it or vise versa. Thanks.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel