The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Can you use a powerwashing Hose?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I use a microfiber mitt and garden hose. I can't imagine a high pressure washer is going to be good for the decals in the long run.

You can. I don't personally. It comes down to how much power you want to use. If your keeping the wand 6 feet away and using a a wide angle head there should be no problem. I read the part about wash and maintaining my boss in the supplemental warranty and the biggest problem I felt I saw they were trying to avoid was premature peeling of the stripes.

So I'd recommend what nfsboss said, but also add a foam master to the mix to get the best results. Like this one.
http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-quart-foam-gun.html

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I used one on the boss once at my house and it made one of the side strips come off. luckly it went back on with no problems. I advise against using it.

Justin said:
I used one on the boss once at my house and it made one of the side strips come off. luckly it went back on with no problems. I advise against using it.

That blows. Atleast you were able to quickly prove that a pressure washer is not a Boss friendly item

If you use one I would limit it to a foam cannon or other foaming device. I was using one to rinse my car and it cut the rear bumper decal almost in half and that was with the water jet NOT directly on the decal. It had to be replaced.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel