The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Can't decide on rims.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thinking about getting new rims for my car and havent really decided which ones to go with. So I am looking for opinions.

Here is the most current pic of my car.
IMG_2078.png

I was thinking about going with the Boss 302s wheels.

ScreenShot2013-02-19at120325PM_zps708e27df.png

But ever since the '13 GT500 came out I fell in love the PP wheels. American Muscle recently released their version.

ScreenShot2013-02-19at120308PM_zps1eed154c.png

And now they come in black.

ScreenShot2013-02-19at120321PM_zps21c3b1ed.png

So what do you think?

302s wheels. only problem is alot of people are running them. Your call. Dont forget to post pictures on your choice of wheels.

Phiffzooted said:
I'd go with the gt500 wheels, I was looking at those myself on American muscle $170 can't go wrong

I got these as winter wheel, can't beat the price and it won't hurt as much if hit ice and curb my rim.

i went with the SVE drift wheels (18x9 all around) for my winter setup, i think they look better than my summer setup, which are the stock wheels at the moment.

here are a few crappy cell phone pics.

IMAG0198800x600.jpg

IMAG0202.jpg

IMAG0203.jpg

The 302S wheels look fantastic on white cars. I like the 2013 GT500 wheels and owning the previous version I think the new ones will be a PITA to clean.

Appreciate all the replies.

These wheels will be year round wheels as Texas does not have extreme winter months.

I think I'm leaning towards the black gt500s. I haven't found a pic if the 302S wheels on a non S that I really like.

F.D. Sako said:
i went with the SVE drift wheels (18x9 all around) for my winter setup, i think they look better than my summer setup, which are the stock wheels at the moment.

here are a few crappy cell phone pics.

Sako: Can I ask what you're running for tires?

kc3333 said:
Sako: Can I ask what you're running for tires?

I'm running Pirelli Winter Sottozero's in 255/45/18.
I chose these against the blizzaks, because i didn't want to sacrifice handing in dry/cold weather conditions, which is what we usually see in MD. But the tires have exceeded my expectations in both snow, below freezing, and warm weather.

Tirerack link

TMO Supporting Vendors