The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Can't sleep. Leaving in less than six hours to go play cars.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fat Boss said:
Gary they've lengthened the track a bit. Click on this link and it'll take you to the maps. We did the 3.4 mile full track!

http://www.springmountainmotorsports.com/facility/race-track

Here's some more pics, some I took and some I "borrowed" from EL SHELB on the TeamShelby forum.
Nice! We were running the 2.2 mile course. I was wondering when you guys were running uphill and just kept going and going and curved right then turned LEFT! That uphill the cuts 160 degrees to the right is blind and off camber just as you crest the hill and is a sonova%%% to navigate but fun.

How many Bosses were there?

I see you just can't get the dirt bike thing out of your system! ;D

IMG_2901.jpg

Gary- I wish I had more track time. I had just really got used to the track when I took a look at my 5 day old front tires and said to my self I'd better quit now or I'd never make it the 500 miles home!

Rick- There were 2 R/B, 2 W/B, 1 B/R, and 1 K/W that I saw over the course of the weekend. Funny there was a really nice guy and his wife in the other red car at the Barstow lunch stop, and she had apparently walked right up to my car and tossed her purse into it. Then when they were getting ready to roll out she was in a panic thinking someone had stolen it! Later in the weekend I started waltzing right up to their car before I realized my mistake! I'm so used to having a unique car I wasn't even thinking.

And sigh... I wish I'd have stayed out of the kitty litter. Both rears got a little rash... :(

cloud9 said:
Didn't I see you pass the caged GT with the Conti slicks and tow hooks? Nice 8)

If you mean that fucia colored car that's behind me in one of the pics above, then yep sure did pass it! The guy who rode along and "instructed" said afterward, "you're ballzy- I would never push street tires that hard." Having never driven with slicks I really have no frame of reference. But the crystal ball says track rims/tires, a tow hook, a roll bar, and harnesses are in my future! I have a line on a $99 SUNDAY at Laguna Seca in late May and I want to have it Ready-To-Go by then. :)

Taking the Boss to the track for the first time the 5th, looks like it will just be 2 cars alternating sessions with bikes. The other car is a GT3RS. My friend's kid usually comes but his parents sold the auto Roush he has been using and he is not so good at stick yet, and a few other guys flaked. Also trying to get my nephew to take a sick day so he can come, he is 14 and likes the Boss even more than I do. Can't take him to club events since he is so young, but he can ride along at these private days. If I don't beat my times in my E30 Ford is gonna have some 'splaining to do ;)

I might take it to the drag strip Wednesday but that isn't the same, at least not for me.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel