The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Capaldi Racing Boss Testing at Road Atlanta

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Awesome vid of Capaldi Racing BOSS shakedown testing at Road Atlanta in prep for 2014 Pirelli Challenge series...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zdJQ95m5kKU

He's flying. Hey is he using an Auto-Blip? ;)

It looks to me like his right leg is moving up and down in conjunction with the rev matching.

Awesome video!!!! In most video's without data and telemetry it's tough to get a feeling for the speed, but not in this one! It reaffirms Road Atlanta as a "Must Drive" track for me.

Domestic Product

Big fat tires and everything !
Wow, nice driving. Wish the camera was not blocked as much with the cage and stuff. Really makes you want to get out on the track. Our track season starts soon up here in the Pacific NW.
The down shifts do sound perfect so maybe auto blip. Speaking of the sound, awesome such a huge part of the experience. What was that that he passed like it was standing still!

Capaldi are good people, they are one of the teams I applied at when Phoenix was "up in the air" they have a big Karting background as well.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Capaldi can drive and a perfect heel and toe downshift is indicative of his skill. Seriously doubt there is anything automatic about it except his experience and technique kicking in ( plus sure looks like his leg is moving doing the ballet of brake to gas pedal!! This is one of my two favorite tracks ( other is Miller Motorsports full 4 mile plus configuration ) and going up the hill and cresting a blind entry into turn three is almost as much fun as screaming down the roller coaster turn 12. Up the hill and under the bridge blind , sweeping down through number twelve is every bit as much of a rush as the kink at Laguna Seca. Love this course and thanks so much for posting the video, as it took me back to the Southern Belle of road courses one more time!

It should be on your bucket list for tracks, and even though Road America, Sebring, Mid Ohio ,etc. all rank up there , this is the one I would return to first or second ( flip of a coin to go here or Miller ) .

Great video to watch till your eyes bleed if you plan on running here, as great lines and they work the same for Miatas as they do Bosses to Vipers.

GA
Bill Pemberton said:
Capaldi can drive and a perfect heel and toe downshift is indicative of his skill. Seriously doubt there is anything automatic about it except his experience and technique kicking in ( plus sure looks like his leg is moving doing the ballet of brake to gas pedal!! This is one of my two favorite tracks ( other is Miller Motorsports full 4 mile plus configuration ) and going up the hill and cresting a blind entry into turn three is almost as much fun as screaming down the roller coaster turn 12. Up the hill and under the bridge blind , sweeping down through number twelve is every bit as much of a rush as the kink at Laguna Seca. Love this course and thanks so much for posting the video, as it took me back to the Southern Belle of road courses one more time!

It should be on your bucket list for tracks, and even though Road America, Sebring, Mid Ohio ,etc. all rank up there , this is the one I would return to first or second ( flip of a coin to go here or Miller ) .

Great video to watch till your eyes bleed if you plan on running here, as great lines and they work the same for Miatas as they do Bosses to Vipers.

I ever moved from the Atlanta area being so close to Road Atlanta and Barber is what I would miss the most.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
PJWANNABE said:
I ever moved from the Atlanta area being so close to Road Atlanta and Barber is what I would miss the most.

My MT-82 shifts just like that !! ::)

(I gotta get a damn tremec and real clutch soon)

TMO Supporting Vendors