The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Capaldi Racing Member Special - 5.2L "GEN 2" WATER PUMP KIT M-8501-M52A

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCapaldi

Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
Capaldi Racing is happy to announce our first special to our TMO supporters! After seeing some discussions within the forums we figured what better product to offer up than the High Flow Water Pump Kit.

We currently have (4) M-8501-M52A 5.2L "GEN 2" WATER PUMP KITS ready to ship with special pricing for the TMO community.

Call us at (586) 949-7223 or email [email protected] and include your username to receive your members only discount.

M-8501-M52A__77373.1576800699.1280.1280.JPG

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Just so all of you are aware Capaldi Racing is not only a race shop and Ford Performance parts distributor, they are a prime contractor for Ford Performance and other major parts suppliers. Their shop is impressive and the folks involved are top notch both personally and professionally. I currently have put my safety trust in their hands with a roll cage and fire system build, and have no doubt of the quality I will get as well as the support if needed in the future. Big welcome to their family from the TMO family.
Steve

Leo Capaldi

Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Detroit
Just so all of you are aware Capaldi Racing is not only a race shop and Ford Performance parts distributor, they are a prime contractor for Ford Performance and other major parts suppliers. Their shop is impressive and the folks involved are top notch both personally and professionally. I currently have put my safety trust in their hands with a roll cage and fire system build, and have no doubt of the quality I will get as well as the support if needed in the future. Big welcome to their family from the TMO family.
Steve
Steve I really appreciate your confidence look forward to getting your car ready for you to go out and have some fun.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
It would be really cool if someone were to do a write-up or video when they install their kit and post it here on the site in the How-To forum:

Yeah, I know one could probably find it somewhere else on the web, but it would be great to have that documented here on TMO.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
It would be really cool if someone were to do a write-up or video when they install their kit and post it here on the site in the How-To forum:

Yeah, I know one could probably find it somewhere else on the web, but it would be great to have that documented here on TMO.
You are a week too late. I installed mine last weekend. I am not much of a videographer, so that is kind of out of the question. The install was really straight forward. Remove the serpentine belt. lower radiator hose, and the four water pump bolts. The new pump fits just like the old one since it is an oem casting. Bolt it in, replace the hose and serpentine belt, refill the cooling system. It is a really simple install. Just be aware the the new pump takes a three bolt pulley, not the four bolt that some of us have. Luckily the pump comes with a steel three bolt pulley to keep you going until you buy a new aluminum pulley.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Philly Metro Area
I'll be replacing mine next month. I'll try to remember to take in process pics. Since I pulled the motor 2 years ago and changed cams, OPGs, and timing components, the water pump is a relatively simple bolt on. My biggest challenge is how to totally flush out the Orange Coolant and fill it with the new Yellow coolant.

I vaguely recall someone saying there are drain plugs in the block? If so, does this essentially totally drain the coolant? I'll final flush with distilled water but if a good bit still remains in the block I'll need to figure out how much undiluted coolant is needed to compensate.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
I'll be replacing mine next month. I'll try to remember to take in process pics. Since I pulled the motor 2 years ago and changed cams, OPGs, and timing components, the water pump is a relatively simple bolt on. My biggest challenge is how to totally flush out the Orange Coolant and fill it with the new Yellow coolant.

I vaguely recall someone saying there are drain plugs in the block? If so, does this essentially totally drain the coolant? I'll final flush with distilled water but if a good bit still remains in the block I'll need to figure out how much undiluted coolant is needed to compensate.
There is a plug just to the rear of the oil filter adapter. It is a 3/4" NPT plug that needs a 9/16" long shaft hex driver to remove. It will drain most of the block but a wet dry shop vac will pull it all out. Use an air lift to put the completed engine under vacuum to draw in the new coolant. It will prevent any air pockets left behind in the top of the heads.

TMO Supporting Vendors