The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 Capaldi Racing's S197 Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCapaldi

Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan

CCapaldi

Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Have to admit I really like Capaldi Racing's color choices. May have to sneak over to some of the Great Lakes Region of NASA ( one of the best groups in the US in my estimation ) to run at Autobahn again to see if I can stay within visual sight of you guys, ha!

Great looking machine and am already enjoying all the posts by both of you !

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
Thank you for the info. That was an interesting read. I am still running stock type dampers on my S197, but starting to think about what is next.

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
The DSSV dampers are even cooler than the Ohlins TTX. Just out of curiosity, are they available to mere mortals, and what's ballpark on a set of those puppies? Seeing that Cortex/PSi were offering an Ohlins 3-way TTX setup (using the cheaper HRC36 struts instead of the TTX46) at around $8-$9k, and Penske's S197 package lists at over $11k for the 4-way version, I'm guessing the DSSV is in the $10-$15k range, and possibly higher. Then again, if the Mustang units are based on the OEM Camaro Z/28 units, they'd benefit from the economies of scale of the GM production run.

Leo Capaldi

Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Detroit
The DSSV dampers are even cooler than the Ohlins TTX. Just out of curiosity, are they available to mere mortals, and what's ballpark on a set of those puppies? Seeing that Cortex/PSi were offering an Ohlins 3-way TTX setup (using the cheaper HRC36 struts instead of the TTX46) at around $8-$9k, and Penske's S197 package lists at over $11k for the 4-way version, I'm guessing the DSSV is in the $10-$15k range, and possibly higher. Then again, if the Mustang units are based on the OEM Camaro Z/28 units, they'd benefit from the economies of scale of the GM production run.
Dave yes they are available and I would estimate the $15,000 range

TMO Supporting Vendors