The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 Capaldi Racing's S550 Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Definitely the right color and please publish where you will be racing, so I can decide if my little Boss S wants to travel to the same track to be humbled by the Capaldi Cyclone. Wish you were closer so I could get ole 22 up there for a refresh!

CCapaldi

Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
Definitely the right color and please publish where you will be racing, so I can decide if my little Boss S wants to travel to the same track to be humbled by the Capaldi Cyclone. Wish you were closer so I could get ole 22 up there for a refresh!
We are working up 2021 plans which should involve some tracks a little further from home...stay tuned!

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Curious why you went with a Boss manifold. Are the dyno numbers from the video top secret?? Would love to have any engine specs you could share...

CCapaldi

Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
Curious why you went with a Boss manifold. Are the dyno numbers from the video top secret?? Would love to have any engine specs you could share...

We started with a Boss Manifold and run several different manifolds depending on what series / rule set we are working with. Some series we are mandated a restrictor plate, others are simply power to weight so we utilize what is best for the scenario.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Heh, thanks for the heads up on the sound limit situation at NCM, because I am pretty sure I would be a bit over the standard Decibel figure for some tracks. I am kind of spoiled that the track I am a member at has a Ghostbuster's style symbol showing sound limits in a circle with a red slash though the center, ha.

Actually I believe it is set at 103 DBs

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
Its a possibility but we generally do not attend NCM simply because of the sound limits in place.
Yeah, the 103 decibel limit at 50 feet kind of limits some of the race cars. I understand that they strictly enforce it. I just run HPDE with my S197, so it isn't a problem for me. Well I will have to wait for a later time to get a close up of your cars.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel