The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Captdistraction's ST2/GTR build thread Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
This is the perfect opportunity to create a profile for the car and attach a new build thread to it. We can also reference this build thread for the previous build iteration, this way people can see both journeys, and they'll both be tied to the vehicle profile. That way, when people ask you about your car you can link them to the vehicle profile and they'll have plenty of info to soak up!

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
I like the idea of starting a fresh one since the car was so fully overhauled, and maybe it will leave some of the baggage behind.
When you create a vehicle profile, a new build thread will automatically get created for it. You can click the orange "Add Your Mustang" button here:

Once you get it all created, let me know. I'll edit the profile and add the link to this build thread in the description for you.

captdistraction

GrumpyRacer
Phoenix, Az
Its set up, but maybe we want to leave them separate? I leave it up to the admins, but given a long run in this thread (and lots of grumpiness), it might be fun to have a clean slate thread on what's recent with the car/program (and it links back here for the existing stuff).

Though I can see the benefits of merging as well, thus I leave it to you guys.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Its set up, but maybe we want to leave them separate? I leave it up to the admins, but given a long run in this thread (and lots of grumpiness), it might be fun to have a clean slate thread on what's recent with the car/program (and it links back here for the existing stuff).

Though I can see the benefits of merging as well, thus I leave it to you guys.
I wouldn't suggest merging the two build threads, just placing a link to reference the past build thread in the new build thread. Could even place it in the first post of the new build thread. This way, it gets tied to the vehicle profile in some way and easy to find when people come across the new build thread.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I wouldn't suggest merging the two build threads, just placing a link to reference the past build thread in the new build thread. Could even place it in the first post of the new build thread. This way, it gets tied to the vehicle profile in some way and easy to find when people come across the new build thread.
I think he already has it that way.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel