The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Car and Driver Article on the GT350R Carbon Fiber Wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This is interesting but not surprising. My take on this article is not that CF specifically are faster but lighter wheels are faster. No question about that as many of us know from using lighter wheels at the track or on the street. I want to point out the acceleration differences are a bit flawed in that the R has shorter tires which lowers the gearing. I was specifically told by one of the Ford VDE's I spoke with that part of the performance improvement with the R can be attributed to the shorter tires. No doubt lighter wheels will accelerate quicker. Now if Ford can get these wheels to us for $5,000 a set instead of $10,000 I'd be all in. :p

FE51FB98-6EA2-46D4-BBA1-AEB88BEAA959_zps4l6vt7hw.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors