The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Car and Driver GT350 Long Term Test Wraps Up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I read that article also. Where does all that oil go???...Ford even tells you to be aware of that fact.Glad my Boss has no oil issues like that!!..Other than the oil habit the GT350 had, they had nothing but praise pertaining to performance and handling for the car.The car they bought and tested was a little over $60K new...........

Last edited:
DFW, TX
My first engine used a quart every 1000 miles...the second seems to use very little so far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

3 years and 12k miles on mine and so far no oil consumption. Keeping fingers crossed.

Bay Area
13k total. I’ve added 5K on mine (2nd owner and 2nd engine) and used only about 1 qt. Granted most of those 5K miles are on the track or en route. Therefore, I’m pretty happy with my oil consumption

TMO Supporting Vendors