The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Car and Driver latest lightning lap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isrboss

yknot, don't waste your time typing all that. Bench racing will always be around, and there will always be tools sitting on the bench, instead of getting out on track and finding out.

PeteInCT said:
I said it before and I'll say it again - The bow-tie entries are pretty much at their limit as far as I can tell based on design, add a little $$$ to the Boss (tires, brake pads, suspension) and it'll at least equal if not beat both of those cars. If you assume tires and brake pads are consumable items, it would only cost you about $2500 plus installation for a 302S suspension. Also, it takes more of an experienced driver to get the most out of the Boss to drive it at it's limit than the Camaro. I've seen first hand what Roketman did with his Boss at Watkins Glen running Hoosier R6's, Carbo pads and the 302S suspension. The only car that could best him was an all out Porsche Cup race car. And not by very much...

PS: Just so everyone knows, I'm not against giving Chevy their due. The ZR-1/Z-06 cars are damn fast even for their price point. I've driven with a ZL-1 at LimeRock and the best time he posted was a 1:04 - 1:05 and change, driven by a motorsports writer who has a fair amount of experience. His comments were that it was just too heavy. I just feel I need to defend the Boss a little not so much because I own one but I really believe the differences between these cars in real life is well overstated. And, I don't trust the media anymore ;D
Well said.

Well I just traded in my 2011 300A GT ( brembos , 3:73, MT82, Koni STR.T, Ford racing Torsen T-2R ,P275-40 19" SQ , 4 different spring set -up , Relocation brackets ) in and now have a 1LE Camaro .

Now being able to see out of the car to me it about the same as to each other . The Camaro got a little smaller rear window that about it . The Mustang and the Camaro both suck to see out of compare to my old EVO-8 . The clutch and trans ( red line gear oil in it) in my mustang work really good after you learn how to use the shifter. With that said the trans in the 1LE is just better and the shifter is light years better .With the tires warm up it just stick to every thing . The car way better than my driving skills are .

I liked my mustang but I like driving the 1LE better . Its just feels better to me. I really do not thing you can go wrong with either The Boss 302 or the 1LE there great cars that are fun as hell to drive .

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
300AGT said:
Well I just traded in my 2011 300A GT ( brembos , 3:73, MT82, Koni STR.T, Ford racing Torsen T-2R ,P275-40 19" SQ , 4 different spring set -up , Relocation brackets ) in and now have a 1LE Camaro .

Now being able to see out of the car to me it about the same as to each other . The Camaro got a little smaller rear window that about it . The Mustang and the Camaro both suck to see out of compare to my old EVO-8 . The clutch and trans ( red line gear oil in it) in my mustang work really good after you learn how to use the shifter. With that said the trans in the 1LE is just better and the shifter is light years better .With the tires warm up it just stick to every thing . The car way better than my driving skills are .

I liked my mustang but I like driving the 1LE better . Its just feels better to me. I really do not thing you can go wrong with either The Boss 302 or the 1LE there great cars that are fun as hell to drive .

Take it out to the track and take some pics and video or it didn't happen! ;)

Seriously, though...even *if* your GT was 100% sorted out, it's still not the same as a Boss.

The 1LE package should be tested against the Boss Laguna Seca to be fair. Chevy has always pulled out a ringer when necessary, Ford seems to be more volume oriented. Let's face it, it's all one upmanship, how many Boss 429s did Ford put on the road back in 69? and what about the Cobra Jet drag cars?

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
Posted times are highly subjective. Those who drive these cars for the mags, drive all the cars. They don't have intimate knowledge of any one particular car. The easiest to drive cars always post better times with them because they are more comfortable driving them at the limits. The mustangs never get good times because they are a scary and visceral experience at the limit. And they are THE most rewarding cars to drive at the limit for that reason. I actually hope that ford can maintain that raw experience once they go to IRS in 2015. It will be sad to lose the last REAL driver car on the planet.

M3's, corvettes, gt-r's and the track duty camaros are all numb cars that post numbers by boobs who don't get what it's all about.

That's my two cents.

YKNOT, bingo, you said it perfect, I bought my boss because I feel in love with the project, and I could not be happier with the result of that project.
GTHIG 1359 out.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel