The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Car and Driver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My copy was waiting for me. The Boss had a great showing and was faster than last years GT500. ;D An interesting comment about grip on the LS. They stated the rear had too much grip and noted the 1/2" wider rear wheel compared to the Boss. The also stated the large front splitter didn't provide enough grip and more was needed up front. They did not use the word "balance" when describing the differences.

MLM

Mike
5 DOT 0 said:
My copy was waiting for me. The Boss had a great showing and was faster than last years GT500. ;D An interesting comment about grip on the LS. They stated the rear had too much grip and noted the 1/2" wider rear wheel compared to the Boss. The also stated the large front splitter didn't provide enough grip and more was needed up front. They did not use the word "balance" when describing the differences.

I just read the piece too. They prefaced those comments with "if we were looking for faults..." Not to say the car is perfect in every way, but if you have to go looking... ;)

More interestingly, though, was that for all of the praise they heaped on the LS, they used very little ink (almost none) to talk about their track experience in this car. Apparently the feel, sound and smell (burning rubber?) of the car did "overshadow" everything else. I guess the numbers speak for themselves.

TMO Supporting Vendors