Car cover recommendations

Discussion in 'The Detailers Corner' started by Sydewaysix, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Sydewaysix

Sydewaysix TMO Race

Does anyone have any preferred car covers that they can recommend? I hear that the Boss car cover isn't the softest material and doesn't necessarily protect the car from much more than just dust. Looking for something soft and somewhat thicker to keep the car protected fro people walking by the car in the garage, etc.

Any cost-effective recommendations are appreciated!

2. M91196

M91196 TMO Advanced

Covercraft dustop here, it's kinda like flannel on the inside. It's not an outside cover.

3. Hambone

Hambone TMO Race

I use the existing cover and then throw a couple $7 packing quilts on top for added protection.

4. Fabman

Fabman Project: "Frankenstang"

Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
    Covercraft here too.....not sure what model I have but it was demanded by my detail person. LOL.
    Its some super extra soft and extra thick inside/outside bomb proof thing I only used once for about 400 bucks... :eek:

5. 2012-Boss

2012-Boss TMO Addict

I have the covercraft dust top on both my Boss and a frame off 1970 442 restoration. They are great covers for scratch, dust, and light bump protection. They are not for use outside with no water or weather protection.

If you need outdoor protection, covercraft makes a full line of form fit covers in various materials.

6. Sydewaysix

Sydewaysix TMO Race

Thanks for the pointers! The car will remain inside the garage so I'm not concerned about water proof covers. Sounds like the cover craft brand is the way to go...but $400+ :eek:

7. Fabman

Fabman Project: "Frankenstang"

Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
    That's for an inside/outside special magic make my detail person happy cover. You probably don't need all that.

8. M91196

M91196 TMO Advanced

Dustop is around $200.

9. Sydewaysix

Sydewaysix TMO Race

I threw on the Boss cover last night to see how it felt on the car. It definitely feels more course than I would like. Would be scared that it starts to scratch the reflective decals on my '13. Ideally I can find something soft on the inside just to protect the car in the garage when people walk by the car.

10. cholmes1

cholmes1 Charles

It should be around $200. I had similar concerns regarding pricing, but the quality is amazing and it really does protect the car extremely well.