The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Car cover recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does anyone have any preferred car covers that they can recommend? I hear that the Boss car cover isn't the softest material and doesn't necessarily protect the car from much more than just dust. Looking for something soft and somewhat thicker to keep the car protected fro people walking by the car in the garage, etc.

Any cost-effective recommendations are appreciated!

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
M91196 said:
Covercraft dustop here, it's kinda like flannel on the inside. It's not an outside cover.
Covercraft here too.....not sure what model I have but it was demanded by my detail person. LOL.
Its some super extra soft and extra thick inside/outside bomb proof thing I only used once for about 400 bucks... :eek:

M91196 said:
Covercraft dustop here, it's kinda like flannel on the inside. It's not an outside cover.

I have the covercraft dust top on both my Boss and a frame off 1970 442 restoration. They are great covers for scratch, dust, and light bump protection. They are not for use outside with no water or weather protection.

If you need outdoor protection, covercraft makes a full line of form fit covers in various materials.

Thanks for the pointers! The car will remain inside the garage so I'm not concerned about water proof covers. Sounds like the cover craft brand is the way to go...but $400+ :eek:

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Sydewaysix said:
Thanks for the pointers! The car will remain inside the garage so I'm not concerned about water proof covers. Sounds like the cover craft brand is the way to go...but $400+ :eek:
That's for an inside/outside special magic make my detail person happy cover. You probably don't need all that.

Sydewaysix said:

Dustop is around $200.

I threw on the Boss cover last night to see how it felt on the car. It definitely feels more course than I would like. Would be scared that it starts to scratch the reflective decals on my '13. Ideally I can find something soft on the inside just to protect the car in the garage when people walk by the car.

cholmes1

400lb Gorilla
Denver, CO
Sydewaysix said:

It should be around $200. I had similar concerns regarding pricing, but the quality is amazing and it really does protect the car extremely well.

TMO Supporting Vendors