The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Car Ramps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jus wondering if anyone has a set of Race Ramps. How do they work and would you recommend them.

I have the 67" two piece Race Ramps and really like them. Whatever you do get the two piece other wise they are so long you won't be able to get under your car. The two piece are also easier to store. They are expensive but if they're in your budget don't think twice.

I highly recommend them and second the comment on buying the two-piece set. I looked at my receipt and I purchased them from THMotorsports, part number RR-56-2, free shipping for $223.20. It seem that the current price is $228.00.

Fiddler49 said:
Are the 56" 2 piece Race Ramps ok with the non-LS chin spoiler? Quite the big price jump to the 67"!

I have the 67"er's also and it just clears the splitter when you pull up on it. Anything shorter would bulldoze the ramps forward. I've got about a 1/4" of clearance, maybe, stock height.

Fiddler49 said:
Are the 56" 2 piece Race Ramps ok with the non-LS chin spoiler? Quite the big price jump to the 67"!
You need the 67" units with the LS splitter and some times you need to lift the trailer front to clear the lip of the trailer door.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
my car is stock height and street splitter and I use the rhino ramps from autozone it rubs the splitter but doesnt hurt it at all. cant see spending that kind of money on race ramps when the rhino's work just fine. but that's just me if you got the extra money by all means go for the race ramps.

isrboss

Justin said:
my car is stock height and street splitter and I use the rhino ramps from autozone it rubs the splitter but doesnt hurt it at all. cant see spending that kind of money on race ramps when the rhino's work just fine. but that's just me if you got the extra money by all means go for the race ramps.
+1
I also use Rhino ramps, but use 2x10x12 wood as lift platform. I then line up the Rhinos, and drive up on.The 2x10's give you that extra height to keep the lip off the ramps.

I have the 67" RR-TR-5s and have no clearance issues at all getting on the trailer. The Boss has the WC splitter, lowered .5" in front from stock and on 18" 35 profile race tires. I do have one spot that's worn through on one of the ramps already after just one and half seasons. I use them quite a bit but was surprised to see them wearing through already. They don't seem any worse for the wear, but I'm not sure at what point they'll degrade and need to be replaced.

isrboss said:
+1
I also use Rhino ramps, but use 2x10x12 wood as lift platform. I then line up the Rhinos, and drive up on.The 2x10's give you that extra height to keep the lip off the ramps.

Basically the same here....I cut a 45* angle on a 2 x 8 x 4 and bolted it to the bottom of my ramps. Not the easiest to store but makes it easy to drive up on and no splitter clearance issues.

TMO Supporting Vendors