The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Car show today, first in class

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drano38

Wayne
Went to a car show today, a smaller one with maybe only about 60 cars just across the border into Minnesota.
Ended up with first in class (stock 1970-2013 cars), so a pretty wide range in the class.
I even beat my brother in law with his yellow '70 Road Runner--he got second.
Lots of people drooled over the Boss (as they should ;D).
I've got www.trackdecal.com stickers on the back window, and several people asked what those strange looking letters were. ???
Only one other Mustang there, a very nice '65.
So 2 car shows with my Boss, and 2 first placings in class.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
drano38 said:
I've got www.trackdecal.com stickers on the back window, and several people asked what those strange looking letters were. ???
Tell them your other hobby is archeology and ancient middle eastern cultures, and that those strange letters spell 'Boss' in Sandskrit. :D

Good job Wayne! Taking the Boss to shows is great.....I've hit around 5-6 this summer and the car brought back hardware in all but one.

I'm going home this coming weekend for the annual street fair and doubt there will be another Boss at the show they hold. Goal is to bring home a trophy from my hometown! Now I just need to get it on the track more!!!

Still working on getting time off for Hastings.

I have been to a few show and for the most part people around here really dont know what a Boss is (unfortunately)
They don't have a class for us yet. 2 times I have been tossed into a Shelby/Roush/Saleen class and since my car was a "gt with stickers" (or so they thought) I didn't place.
This past weekend I went to the NMRA in Joliet and seen another member (Lee Carlson Comp orange) we took both honors in the 05-current conservative class (felt bad going up against Gt's and V6s but this was the only class open to Boss unless you had it modified)
What classes do you guys go in?

drano38

Wayne
I've only been to 2 in midwest small towns.
The Saturday show only had about 50 cars, and '70 to current stock was one class--huge range of cars for a class like that. I think they only had 4 car classes--'69 and older, '70 and newer in both stock and modified. Then they had truck, etc.
The one I went to last Aug had more classes, but it was still just year group classes--not brands or models. I beat a '12 GT500.

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!
I went to a Ford Powered show sponsored by the Motor City Region Shelby SAAC Club. I was in the All Bosses class. I came in first. There were 3 2012 Bosses (RR/W, RR/B and KB/W). The weather was iffy but didn't rain. I think it scared away some cars. If there was a 69 - 71 Boss, I don't think I would have won. But, 1 show and 1 First Place Award (plaque).

Brian

TMO Supporting Vendors