The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Carbon 2 Carbon CF R Wing and Splitter Available Now!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voodoo child21 said:
Rick what did they charge you to ship it?
It hasn't shipped yet but I'm expecting up to $100. It should be less than the RSD kit. And thanks for reminding me, I meant to call them today and forgot. So I'll call them tomorrow. ::)

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Got my R Wing from Carbon 2 Carbon today. Packaging was perfect, wing was wrapped in foam paper and set in foam blocks in 4 places. Not a nick or scratch on it. Beautiful finish and high quality carbon work. Chris Mangum also called me direct to confirm the delivery and to go over some installation tips and tricks. Really great customer service. Took a few pics of the wing mocked up in the driveway, I will be doing install tomorrow afternoon or Sunday morning.
Steve

R%20wing%20mock%20up_zpsbtj1lpze.jpg
R%20wing%20side_zps2mkgchhx.jpg

steveespo

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Re: Coming soon to your favorite TrackMustang Forum

fuhrius said:

Fuhrius
Could you measure the distance from the back edge of the decklid to the back of the wing stanchion for me? Black Boss is out of town and I forgot to take measurements when we were together on Memorial Day. Chris form Carbon 2 Carbon gave ne a reference measurement in the install photos but I would like to confirm against a Ford factory install.
Thanks
Steve

Looks awesome. I may end up ordering one for my GT350 when it shows up. I already have an R splitter. Anyone know the difference in downforce between the track pack spoiler and the R spoiler?

voodoo child21 said:
Fuhrius
Could you measure the distance from the back edge of the decklid to the back of the wing stanchion for me? Black Boss is out of town and I forgot to take measurements when we were together on Memorial Day. Chris form Carbon 2 Carbon gave ne a reference measurement in the install photos but I would like to confirm against a Ford factory install.
Thanks
Steve
I just measured mine. It is 2 3/8" horizontal distance at the center of the deck lid. This is from the furthest back edge of the deck lid bump to the back of the wing. I used a level to get it accurate.
It is really hard to measure from the back of the mount to the back of the deck lid as it is rounded but maybe 1/4" to the center of the rounding and maybe 1/8" to where it starts to round.

dirtroadtrip said:
Looks awesome. I may end up ordering one for my GT350 when it shows up. I already have an R splitter. Anyone know the difference in downforce between the track pack spoiler and the R spoiler?
A little blue birdie told me the R wing generates 205 lbs of downforce. What the little birdie forgot to tell me was at what speed. I'm sure that's at 100 mph or higher. That's over double what the LS wing generated on the Boss.

steveespo

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
fuhrius said:
just saw this request, sorry...I'd be happy to measure mine if you still need it...I'll be back at the house in a couple hours.
Yes please, Just a measurement from the back edge f deck lid (rounded edge) to the back of the wing support base. Should be about 3/16" from "point" of the round edge . I think.
Steve

steveespo

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Got the wing done this morning, took about an hour and a half. I think it looks great and the fit and finish is awesome. Cut out center of supplied gaskets and used about 3 square inches of 3M heavy duty molding tape to supplement the three M6 x 1.0 bolts holding it on each side. Templates provided and instructions helped make it an easy job.
Rain held off just long enough.
Steve

350rwing4_zpswncfoizl.jpg
350rwing3_zpssnywqgtu.jpg
350Rwing2_zpsioabyx6f.jpg
350r%20wing1_zpsoegwdwcr.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel