The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Carbon 2 Carbon CF R Wing and Splitter Available Now!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
VoodooBOSS said:
Looks fantastic! I look forward to having mine installed within two weeks. In the photo below is the measurement you were looking for at the outside edge of the trunk lid or at the inside edge of the wing mount or are they the same?

@Moto can you please take and post a similar photo if you get a chance?

350Rwing2_zpsioabyx6f.jpg

Yes Rick that is the dimension. It is deceptive because the trunk "rolls" up there, you kinda have the base edge right down where the low point is. Chris also gives a dimension from the tip of the trunk to the center of the top mounting hole of 14 1/2", mine was 14 5/8" so very close. Also I used a 4 pack of Porsche torx head M6 x 1.0 x 16mm button head screws for the exposed fasteners on the underside of the lid. Part # is 999 073 334 00. They are T30 and are as wide as the flanged hex bolts provided just look more "racy" also have loctite pre installed, they are for attaching the end plates on 2004 GT3RS wing. You will not be disappointed with this wing. It is also light as a feather and feels strong as hell, I put about 150 lbs of my body weight on the center with minimal deflection.
Steve

steveespo

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Black Boss said:
Looks great! A little late, as I have been out of town, but the measurement from the point the radius starts on the decklid is 5/16-3/8".

Thanks Nick, I am right at that dimension 3/8 to 5/16 outside to inside. You should think about getting one and putting you original on a shelf. Alot cheaper to replace if there was ever track damage. Are you back at Mid Ohio tomorrow?
Steve

Steve thanks for the tip on the screws. The place below has them but I don't want to pay $15 for shipping and they may not be here in time. I have Wednesday off of work so I'll run by my local Porsche dealer and see if they have them in stock. Besides I'm always looking for a reason to visit my local Porsche dealer. ;D

http://www.worldimpex.com/parts/porsche-round-head-screw-6x1_2584902.html

steveespo

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
VoodooBOSS said:
Steve thanks for the tip on the screws. The place below has them but I don't want to pay $15 for shipping and they may not be here in time. I have Wednesday off of work so I'll run by my local Porsche dealer and see if they have them in stock. Besides I'm always looking for a reason to visit my local Porsche dealer. ;D

http://www.worldimpex.com/parts/porsche-round-head-screw-6x1_2584902.html
Pelicanparts.com
I looked at getting the stock screws along with the underlid braces but they only come with the R wing. The bolts are available (maybe) but don't have a large head so washers would be in order.
Steve

I picked up my car on Wednesday and the shop did a spectacular job matching the paint and doing the install. I started installing my splitter on Thursday after work but quickly realized some of the bolts were missing and decided to hold off until I have all of the hardware. The bolts are on national back order (figures) so the splitter will have to wait several more days. Anyway here's a photo of the wing installed

7D28ECA2-DAB1-40AA-B4C0-C6830A9AB038_zps0zpojqp4.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel