The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Carbon Fiber Hood and fenders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Austin
I don't know anything about these guys but I thought I'd post this here in case anyone was interested.

http://www.helioncomposites.com/product/shelby-gt350-style-carbon-fiber-hood/

Description says they are working on both hood and fenders for the GT350 as well as regular S550's.

It will be interesting to see what they come up with. I'm most interested in an exact replica CF R wing.

Check out andersoncomposites.com they are making high quality CF parts. I saw them at SEMA and hopefully will have some of their parts on my Code_blu 2016 build for Optima USCA series this year.

OCPONY said:
Check out andersoncomposites.com they are making high quality CF parts. I saw them at SEMA and hopefully will have some of their parts on my Code_blu 2016 build for Optima USCA series this year.
Interesting. Will they make an R wing?

Is this your car?

mustang-parallax-new.jpg

I responded too quickly. They show a CF R style wing on their website for $799.

http://andersoncomposites.com/products/type-ar-carbon-fiber-rear-spoiler-for-2015-2016-ford-mustang

AC-RS15FDMU-AR_01.jpg

I tried to buy that car at SEMA but it is the owners personal car. I am building Code_blu using that one as a guideline but mine will be able to out perform a GT350 R. Code_blu will be much less costly to race throughout the season. I'm still trying to decide on which coil overs to go with. I'm hoping to have time to start a build thread soon. It needs to lose 200+ pounds to help it be very competitive.

I have talked with Philip and he is sending me a suggested parts list. I have used H&R and most recently installed Ride tech triple adjustable on my 2011 Code Red car. They were an excellent setup with lots of adjustability and the car gained seceonds on track over the height only H&R setup. Top quality and I know Cortex are also some of the best for the Mustangs but as with most top quality products the budget get hit hard with them. Hopefully Philip has time to reply this week. I'm looking forward to reviewing them and the other choices so I can get them ordered, delivered, installed and then spec the wheels for the car. 18x 11s up front and may 12s on back. We Need ARP to get the wheel studs made a sap.

DEye said:
Dam !
That car is almost too shiny !
Can't tell if it's sort of two tone or what, but thats one great looking machine !

That is just DIB factory paint that really shines and contrasts well with the CF Parts. All of Andersons CF parts are class A finish.

VooDooBOSS said:
I just sent an email to ARP for an update on the wheel studs.

I'm not sure if you've seen these but they are 19's.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=10423.0
Yes. I will also need a set of 19s if my DIB GT 350 R ever shows up. It's tag is Bloo Doo because somebody all ready got VooDoo in TX...... :(.
Btw I can't figure out how to attach photos......hints? I'm using an IPad...maybe that is the issue?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel