The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Carbon Fiber Tape - Posting for roketman

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

From another thread he posted that he used the 3M CF tape. It came out nice but I'm holding out for the real thing.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
I've used the 3M DNOC film before on the rear wing of my TTS. Held up very well on the exterior. At first glance it looks like real CF, what's really missing is the effect of the clear coat on real CF. Once you get a good look you can tell it's not CF but at the same time it doesn't look bad. Not sure what the non-3M knock-offs look like. The 3M DNOC film isn't cheap, but surely cheaper then CF. But it's comparing apples and oranges....

This stuff is pretty neat. 3m has different colors and shades you can choose. So even if this isn't your color there are other options out there. For those of you who think it's cheap a lot of high end car owners use this stuff. It is not thought of as junk....

adam81 said:
This stuff is pretty neat. 3m has different colors and shades you can choose. So even if this isn't your color there are other options out there. For those of you who think it's cheap a lot of high end car owners use this stuff. It is not thought of as junk....
It looks better in person!
And most defiantly looks better than the stock gray plastic!
Just my 02

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Hey - you did a great job. That stuff is not that easy to work with in the curves. Looks real neat going down near the E-Brake.

The aftermarket interior application panels (the real thing) - are they usually just thin veneers that have double stick tape on back to attach then?

Once you pop out the console pieces it takes an hour .I used a heat gun as well .Very gratifying .
I like it.Just having fun .You can always change it back!

TMO Supporting Vendors