The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Carbotech XP8 initial impressions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Minnesota
I decided to give the Carbotech XP8 a try on the front of my GT350. I enjoy track days and although the factory pads are good, wanted to see if there really was a difference. Pad swap was easy, had the rotors machined so I had a clean surface to bed. Went through he recommended bedding process. However had to use the street versus track as annotated in the instructions. After the proper cycling, I made a couple stops from 100mph and damn near broke a rib! Crazy bite. So far I'm really happy but will follow up after the next Track Night in America at my local track. Only draw back is that they squeal when they are cold. Oh well. Next project: Vorshlag Camber plates.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Raleigh, NC
I decided to give the Carbotech XP8 a try on the front of my GT350. I enjoy track days and although the factory pads are good, wanted to see if there really was a difference. Pad swap was easy, had the rotors machined so I had a clean surface to bed. Went through he recommended bedding process. However had to use the street versus track as annotated in the instructions. After the proper cycling, I made a couple stops from 100mph and damn near broke a rib! Crazy bite. So far I'm really happy but will follow up after the next Track Night in America at my local track. Only draw back is that they squeal when they are cold. Oh well. Next project: Vorshlag Camber plates.
Hey carnivore, when is your next track day? Interested to see your results.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Minnesota
Hey carnivore, when is your next track day? Interested to see your results.
JP - Doing a small track with the SCCA Track Night in America program on the 29th then Road America on 17-18 October. That will be the real test. That track literally ate my brakes when I tracked my 06 Charger! (One reason for the GT350 purchase....)

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Minnesota
The Road America event is in the books. Cold rainy weekend but the XP8s worked remarkably well. I only wish the weather would have allowed me to use slicks, the pad bite easily overcomes street tire adhesion! Had to be careful coming down from the high speed straights. After 6 - 25 minute sessions, there is very little noticeable wear and I experienced ZERO fade at any time. The temps probably helped as it never got over 48 degrees ambient air temps. Impressed by the bite in wet conditions as well. Bite was right there, no "drying" lag that I could tell. Winter projects include installing the Vorshlag camber plates, (which arrived the day before we left for the event), rear seat delete and harnesses.
Here's the beastie coming into turn 8.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel