The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

caring for 2013 stripes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have a RR 2013 and just picked up a starter kit from Adam's (americana upgrade) and was wondering what is safe to use on the '13 stripes to protect them from bugs, bird poop, etc. Thoughts?

jlwdvm said:
I have a RR 2013 and just picked up a starter kit from Adam's (americana upgrade) and was wondering what is safe to use on the '13 stripes to protect them from bugs, bird poop, etc. Thoughts?

You can wax over them fine. I have Americana on mine right now. It seems the 13 stripes will waterspot and etch pretty easy from stuff. I seal and keep Americana on them to protect. Doesn't change the look.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
You can also put Zaino on them to seal them. 22ple works as well as does a host of other products.

as always test a small area first to see if it is what you are looking for.

And yes paste americana wax works just fine on them. Cant speak for other paste waxes. I bet Adams new patriot wax would work well but cant say for certain as I havent seen or tried it myself. I have put all the above and more on my 12 stripes with no problems.

fbbob96

2013 SBY #0750
I talked to the people just yesterday at 3M about how to care for the stripes. I was told to use only Maguires Natural Shine Protectant. Found it at Advance Auto for about 7 bucks. Applied it this afternoon and they turned out awesome. Took out the few water spots and gave them a brand new shine to them. Gonna put another layer on tomorrow

GA
Many Shelby owners eventually get their stripes painted on. It is expensive to get done, but it lasts. I have been toying with the idea of having '70 Boss ghost stripes painted on my GT when I have the coin. I want them extremely faded, like you only see it when the light hits it right.

KDR-1 said:
Turtle wax ICE liquid. Always look new, no residue. ;D

I love that stuff. I put on last year when I got the car. Water still beads as if I waxed it yesterday. Stripes look like new. I was going to ICE wax it again this year but I'm not certain I have to. However, the Boss is freshly washed and sitting in the garage. It won't take long to ICE it. It goes on easy and wipes off easily and cleanly. The best part of ICE wax is that you can put it on all your black plastic too. Spoiler, mirror and window trim, grill, etc.

For full disclosure, I have never tried the other products in this thread.

fbbob96 said:
I talked to the people just yesterday at 3M about how to care for the stripes. I was told to use only Maguires Natural Shine Protectant. Found it at Advance Auto for about 7 bucks. Applied it this afternoon and they turned out awesome. Took out the few water spots and gave them a brand new shine to them. Gonna put another layer on tomorrow
I used this on my stripes and they look great. Goes on a little shiny, but then buffs out with the matte finish. Got mine at Wal-Mart for $5. It is located in the interior products section, not with the waxes and polishes.

Vermont
Papa Smurf said:
I used this on my stripes and they look great. Goes on a little shiny, but then buffs out with the matte finish. Got mine at Wal-Mart for $5. It is located in the interior products section, not with the waxes and polishes.

+1 on the Maguiars Natural Shine Protectant.

Meticulous Matte from CG's. It's the only thing I have been using in the stripes. Excellent results.
3ahu2y6u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

TMO Supporting Vendors