The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Carlisle Ford show June 1-3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I plan too. I will be there and my GF is bringing her 06GT she is going to enter the young guns I think. My hometown is just a ways down the highway in chambersburg so I will be staying at my parents house. good place to wash the boss up and get it ready each day before the show

I've been going for the past 7 years, I have a brother that lives near Harpers Ferry, WV. This is our get together once a year. Torino's are his game, 70 Cobra 429SCJ, 73 Q code Grand Torino Sport, loaded factory car, 73 survivor car 16,ooo.mile
We thought the show last year would be down, but I think it was the busiest, planning on being there, all thou my wife's birthday is June 4th, turning 50, usually I miss her birthdays, but this one I might be in trouble. And no she will not go to another car show with me, burned her out a long time ago. I'll post up as we get closer.

My wife and I will be there , We are going out to summitt point may 30, Team Shelby is having a track day and then cruising to Carlisle. I don't think the Boss will arrive in time for this event, so it looks like the Roush will be collecting a few more chips and bugs.

Thought I would bring this back up, could not make the Texas gathering, So east coast Boss owners let's make this our stampede, this a great show for us Ford guys. Team Shelby is working on having the largest group of Shelby's ever. Plus there is a lightweight / 427 / 406 reunion, and get a chance to win a X427 crate engine. Man I'm going to miss my wife's birthday ;D

Justin

KYBOSSLS said:
Thought I would bring this back up, could not make the Texas gathering, So east coast Boss owners let's make this our stampede, this a great show for us Ford guys. Team Shelby is working on having the largest group of Shelby's ever. Plus there is a lightweight / 427 / 406 reunion, and get a chance to win a X427 crate engine. Man I'm going to miss my wife's birthday ;D
makes me think of that country song...im going to miss her when I get home tonight...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwRrKaq0IyY&ob=av2el[/youtube]

Boss owners if we can have 25 cars to pre register for this weekend, Carlisle events will let us use a 20'X20' tent...save some money if you sign up before 4/30/12 how many new Boss owners can we get there?

Justin

KYBOSSLS said:
Boss owners if we can have 25 cars to pre register for this weekend, Carlisle events will let us use a 20'X20' tent...save some money if you sign up before 4/30/12 how many new Boss owners can we get there?
that would be cool. I am bringing my 10x10 mustang tent with me

getting the dust off this event, three weeks untill this show, should be a great one with all of Team Shelby there. Come on 12 & 13 Boss owners, last year only 3 new ones, Check out the Carlisle web site.

Justin

KYBOSSLS said:
getting the dust off this event, three weeks untill this show, should be a great one with all of Team Shelby there. Come on 12 & 13 Boss owners, last year only 3 new ones, Check out the Carlisle web site.
I entered the 12-13 boss class if there is only three this year I will at least place in 3rd lol

Next weekend largest Shelby event planned, Team Shelby going for a record number of cars. Hope too see 2012 and 2013 Bosses in a large group.
Was going to trailer my LS but told myself I was going to drive this car, bugs or rock chips I'm driving her.

Justin

I am going to put on some more coats of Americana Wax this weekend. Get the BBR LCA's on. I need to do the part I hate doing and that's all those hard to get areas like the trunk where stuff likes to collect above the tail lights and the front parts of the door jams etc. My original plan was to get it all ready to go this weekend and drive my beater for the first part of the week but its still not running right so I have to drive the boss. I hope to be in Chambersburg, PA by Wed evening then spend Thursday freshening up the car.

Leaving the OBX Tuesday to spend 2 days with the Team Shelby crew at Summit Point. Will be cruising with them to Carlisle on Friday. He hasn't said if he's putting the LS on the track yet. If not, I'll be sporting the Blackjack so he can drive that at SP. if the LS will see some track time, I'll be driving my '05. Either way, we'll be parked with the Roush Road Crew, so please stop by and say "hi"! IIRC last year, the Bosses were parked across from Roush so maybe we'll be somewhat close.

Looking forward to this show, with all of the Shelby's and a chance to bring home a 427, should be one for the record books. Long range weather looks great, but for the past several years we have had rain on the Friday. Hope to meet up with some of the Shelby's on the road from KY.
I'll come and look for you on Friday.

TMO Supporting Vendors