The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!
Aug

Carolina Motorsports Park, 7-8 August 21

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boone

Professional Thread Killer
I have been on the repaved track at CMP, albeit with my Excursion trying to dry the track after a storm (still should have set up my laptimer). It is worlds better than the abrasive surface that it was for years. My friend's '98 GT had a new set of Falken 660s that still looked brand new after the weekend.

Unfortunately, I won't be attending this event, but don't be afraid to sign up.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Niceville, Fla.
Thanks for the update and review. Looking forward to my first time at this track. Gonna be hot & nasty, but that all goes out the window when on track! Cheers

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
I have run it 7 or 8 times. Twice since the repaving. It was always a fun track and the new surface is very good, but it is no Barber. I am sitting this one out, but will be back there in October.

Boone

Professional Thread Killer
I think Carolinas Regional Mustang Club, CRMC, is running at CMP on October 9 - 10. If it's not already full, this is a great group of Mustang focused guys to run with. I have tickets to see Virginia Tech hosting Notre Dame on the 9th, so I'll be spending the same money I would for a track day, but no track day for me.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
I think Carolinas Regional Mustang Club, CRMC, is running at CMP on October 9 - 10. If it's not already full, this is a great group of Mustang focused guys to run with. I have tickets to see Virginia Tech hosting Notre Dame on the 9th, so I'll be spending the same money I would for a track day, but no track day for me.
The CRMC event at Carolina Motorsports Park is October 9-10 this year. I think this will be my 6th or 7th year attending. I keep going back due to the people. The track has gotten much better since the repave last year. It is quite a bit faster and doesn't eat tires anymore. The last time I looked they were starting to wait list people. If you want to attend get on the wait list. They always seem to find room for everyone.

TMO Supporting Vendors