The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Carolina Motorsports Park - New Pavement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boone

Professional Thread Killer
The new pavement at CMP has been a long time coming, and it is excellent, at least for now. The track used to be brutally abrasive, but now there is plenty of grip available, and your tires don't get utterly destroyed. October 10 - 11, 2020, I was on track with the Carolina Regional Mustang Club in my Expedition (during parade laps to help dry a wet track) and a session riding shotgun with an instructor, but what a HUGE difference. Feel free to put it on your east coast calendar and enjoy the weekend.

NOTE: This is not an advertisement, and the OP has not been requested or paid to provide a positive review of this facility. Do not take CMP if you are allergic to CMP or any of it's ingredients. Consult your wife before signing up for any event at CMP. 😊

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
If I'm at CMP for more than four hours should I call a doctor? Or just keep going? I don't want to wear myself out.

This is awesome though. Hope I get the chance to try it someday.

Boone

Professional Thread Killer
Unfortunately, pricing for track days at CMP appears to already reflect the paving costs. The two day HPDE was $299, and it appears Turn One is $280 per day. Solo drivers can still get on for $200 per day, but still a pretty good bump. Getting close to VIR money, though.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
That's cheap! Mosport is about $500 canuck bucks per day with the least expensive group and over $750 with the most expensive group. The only difference being the lunch, and that's not worth $250 in any currency!
Shannonville is only $200, and Calabogie is $375, Tremblant about $425 if you run with the driving school there.
I guess being a former Grand Prix track and the fastest track in North America makes Mosport pricey, though Tremblant had the Grand Prix there and is pretty damn fast as well!

TMO Supporting Vendors