The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Carolina Regional Mustang Club at Charlotte Roval

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boone

Professional Thread Killer
I absolutely loved the Charlotte Roval. The track was set up just as they are going to run the September 2018 Nascar race with one exception. They didn't use the planned chicane before Nascar T3, and I'm glad they didn't. It's crazy throwing your personal car down into the banking at high speed. I know there's more grip available in the banked turns, but my brain couldn't overrule my butt dyno. I believe that is known as a lack of balls.

Videos are a compilation of a few good laps, and my PB was set chasing an 820hp Z06. I wish some of the TMO veterans could have attended so my learning curve could have been compressed. As always... comments and driver evaluations are appreciated.

Georgia
I am going to guess that you were in the B run group based on your back stretch speed. :)

I was put in the C run group and by the afternoon we were up to 140 as well... so much for the radar gun bluff. LOL

Nice track, but I was surprised how rough Nascar 3 and 4 were. I ran a bit higher line through there than you did.

Boone

Professional Thread Killer
The track is rougher up high in T3/4. I just ran the line taught to me during the Petty Experience I did about 10 years ago. I ran with the A group that was "limited" to 135mph. I actually shared my data with an event organizer after the first session, and he confirmed the bluff.

I admit I was a little intimidated running with so many track cars on slicks and GT350s, but they learned to let me by as the day progressed.[emoji2] I still have a lot of work to do, but I know Fiona (my ride) and I are both a work in progress.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel