The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Carroll Shelby Passes Away

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I was looking forward to meeting him at the Historic Vintage races at Laguna Seca this Summer when Shelby is the featured manufacturer.

RIP

http://www.4-traders.com/news/Legendary-Entrepreneur-Carroll-Shelby-Passes-Away--14325545/

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Imagine what the US performance car market would be like today if he wasn't there to push the envelope? His name will live on for a long time.

Carroll Hall Shelby Dies at 89

The American race car driver, car builder, team owner, entrepreneur and philanthropist has died of pneumonia in Dallas.
Prayers go out to his family and close friends.
This Texan was bigger than life. "Legend" almost seems too small for him.
We need to take our performance Fords out for a spirited romp this weekend in his honor.

Re: Carroll Hall Shelby Dies at 89

HOTBOSS said:
The American race car driver, car builder, team owner, entrepreneur and philanthropist has died of pneumonia in Dallas.
Prayers go out to his family and close friends.
This Texan was bigger than life. "Legend" almost seems too small for him.
We need to take our performance Fords out for a spirited romp this weekend in his honor.
Amen to that.

He's always been a favorite of mine. When I was at the Shelby 50th Anniversary Bash a couple months ago I was really amazed at how beloved that man was by his fans. These people came from all over the world even knowing he wasn't going to make it, then told stories about when they actually did get to meet him. I sadly never did.

98RedGT

2012 #552
Very sad to hear.

It is pretty cool that we own some of the last Mustang designs that Carroll Shelby put his stamp of approval on.

God bless , and comfort his family.
Mr. Shelby helped make the Mustang what it is today, and He will be missed. He made Chevrolet work very hard to keep upwith the Ford Mustang, not sure they ever could.
He was from a town close to me, and signed my visors, and other items, He was a people person.
RIP Mr. Shelby, and thank you for your help with the Boss, and Mustang..

TMO Supporting Vendors