The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Cars Suck!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The car runs great, but my alternator is toast. I'm near Tulsa OK and the closest one is in San Antonio. WTF? They say nobody stocks them because they don't break. I think I'm going to put a bigger pulley on the new one to slow it down.

Out of 16 races this year, I have finished 4. Very frustrating!

Next year will be better

smittytx said:
The car runs great, but my alternator is toast. I'm near Tulsa OK and the closest one is in San Antonio. WTF? They say nobody stocks them because they don't break. I think I'm going to put a bigger pulley on the new one to slow it down.

Out of 16 races this year, I have finished 4. Very frustrating!

Next year will be better
BS they don't break. I have already had two fail. The last one was on backorder for two months. Fortunately my buddy had oredered one for his GT but didn't need it right away so he let me take his.

The Boss alternators have a larger pulley because of the revs, but they also have a one-way clutch to keep the belt from flying off during upshifts. The clutch allows the alternator to overspeed the belt when the RPM changes suddenly on upshift.

TMO Supporting Vendors