The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Castrol SRF brake fluids: which one to use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeattleBoss

TrackAttack 9-23-13
I did a quick Amazon search for the SRF fluid, and found two types. One says REACT SRF in a gold bottle , the other in the grey bottle is just SRF. They are both the same cost, so which one would be correct for occasional track use?

I get mine from Amazon as well. Based on memory, I think the cheapest seller hasn't updated the picture, so it shows the old SRF bottle, which I think doesn't say REACT on it. But he still ships you the new stuff when ordered.

I'll post the link when I get home.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
SeattleBoss said:
I did a quick Amazon search for the SRF fluid, and found two types. One says REACT SRF in a gold bottle , the other in the grey bottle is just SRF. They are both the same cost, so which one would be correct for occasional track use?

Both the same, just different packaging.

-Pete

I ordered the cheaper stuff with the old picture and received the newer bottle. It takes about 1.5 bottles to do a full flush (including clutch). I had Ford do the flush since I did not want to mess around with a vacuum pump to bleed the clutch, think it was only like an hours labor and they did a free tech inspection!

TMO Supporting Vendors