The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Cat Delete + Tune MRT H Pipe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who has done Cat Delete and tune (prederably AED) and noticed a worth while difference from 100% stock and TracKey?

I am thinking about this instead of LT headers and H as this option is significantly cheaper and I believe will give me a good percentage of the LT ORH horsepower.

Re: Cat Delete + Tune

I have done cat delete except wit a steda tune. I have a set of Kook Shorties brand new in the box still and have NO desire to install them. The power increase was wonderfull. My seat dyno showed gains that surprised me. This was done 1 1/2 years ago and the headers are still in the box. Very happy that I did the cat delete and tune. Only small problem is I am running Roush mufflers. It was very loud with the Roush and Cats.
Now without the Cats its somewhat over the top in noise. But I would rather change the mufflers that put the cats back for power reasons. I just love how the car now responds. also the cats are 100 times easier to put back in for Inspection reasons.
Remove the cats and get the tune and it will feel like a differant car for you to enjoy.
Good luck in you choice.

I did a UPR offroad X-pipe on my GT and did not notice an increase in power. If anything I noticed a loss of torque and I am beginning to regret it due to the smell.

Did a dyno test after, I tested with both a Steeda off the shelf tune and a Hypermotive tune (which is basically a copy of AED from what I understand).

Steeda average of 3 runs made 6.6hp and 9.66 lb-ft less.

I am ordering a Lund tune now and will probably go back to the stock X-pipe.

SlowJim said:
I did a UPR offroad X-pipe on my GT and did not notice an increase in power. If anything I noticed a loss of torque and I am beginning to regret it due to the smell.

Did a dyno test after, I tested with both a Steeda off the shelf tune and a Hypermotive tune (which is basically a copy of AED from what I understand).

Steeda average of 3 runs made 6.6hp and 9.66 lb-ft less.

I am ordering a Lund tune now and will probably go back to the stock X-pipe.

Lund is good. I love my AED tune. The smell is just a byproduct of removing the cats. If you have side pipes it could be lessened by blocking them or removing them....

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel