The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Cat deletes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DGRacing said:
I put the LT's and off-road catless H-pipe system in, not for sound, but because its recommended to support an F1 procharger, which will adorn my motor in the fall. 8)
May I ask why you are going with Procharger over a Vortech or Paxton? The placement of the Procharger's air intake makes me think it would have more issues with cooling than the other 2. Just curious.

Sesshomurai

cloud9 said:
After talking with David Murray about his time racing the Ford GT (designed as a supercharged car) even with a full race team they constantly struggled with overheating. You're heading down a path that's just going to be one issue after another but have at it.

Different car. Different motor. Im not the first person to do this with a roadrunner. Lol

Sesshomurai

LindsayEOD said:
May I ask why you are going with Procharger over a Vortech or Paxton? The placement of the Procharger's air intake makes me think it would have more issues with cooling than the other 2. Just curious.

Yeah, the procharger air intake is a bit different but the external supercharger is cleaner and works with existing engine compartment, hood, cross-brace, etc. However, interestingly, the intake on the procharger will be sitting right under the hood vents (my existing vents and future tiger racing hood), so that might have a nice effect. I also considered building a tiny hood scoop right over the intake even.

Procharger has a special cog race tuner kit just for the boss. Its not a generic 'coyote' kit like some others. They know the boss motor and designed the kit to work (cooling included) with the roadrunner. So these are the reasons I chose procharger.

I'm talking with both procharger and JPCRacing (who will do the install) and we feel that cooling will be a manageable concern.

Sorry for the thread-jack. I will maybe start another topic on this for open discussion.

DGRacing said:
Yeah, the procharger air intake is a bit different but the external supercharger is cleaner and works with existing engine compartment, hood, cross-brace, etc. However, interestingly, the intake on the procharger will be sitting right under the hood vents (my existing vents and future tiger racing hood), so that might have a nice effect. I also considered building a tiny hood scoop right over the intake even.

Procharger has a special cog race tuner kit just for the boss. Its not a generic 'coyote' kit like some others. They know the boss motor and designed the kit to work (cooling included) with the roadrunner. So these are the reasons I chose procharger.

I'm talking with both procharger and JPCRacing (who will do the install) and we feel that cooling will be a manageable concern.

Sorry for the thread-jack. I will maybe start another topic on this for open discussion.
I would appreciate if you did make a new thread. I have plenty of questions to ask.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel