The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Catalytic converter stud

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Waco, TX
Has anyone ever had to replace a stud on the stock system? One of mine was cross-threaded on from the factory and broke off. Can these just be drilled out and replaced. I only need it for when i move and may need to emission test. Then put my off road back on.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I think you can press the stud out and use a bolt/nut arrangement. Had basically the same exact thing happen on one of mine at some point.

If you were able to knock it out. It may be better to leave a little bit of the stud sticking out. For hitting purpose. Saves the center punch and knuckles. once it starts to move or becomes free. Then cut it flush. Just my 2 cents worth. As for the stainless nut and bolt. I would do the same. Worth the few extra coins to have peace. some heat also helps if you can use it without burning anything or anyone.:mad:

TMO Supporting Vendors