The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Catch Can Brackets (Peterson Style)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j3st3r

Brian S.
Tennessee
Wanted to post this here too, I know we have been doing this through another thread, so thought a dedicated one would be better

What: Catch can brackets for Peterson style catch can
Material: 12ga steel, coated black, 2 different styles(Simple, Alternative)

Details:

Design1 (AKA Simple) - Was the original design that I believe someone posted a drawing for. I have the dimensions and specs from Ricky. Which looks similar to this, which is a no drill bracket/attachment

OilCan2.jpg

7d2868cc-62f3-44c8-aef4-906170603f64_zpsfdbc6b2f.jpg

Design2 (AKA Smancy/Alternative) - design which I use, which is a little more rigid/secure, but does require drilling 2 holes. This one does include all of the hardware(nuts & bolts) SOLD OUT

i-tDzFQrL-XL.jpg

Breather031_zps12ca8558-XL.jpg

Some additional pictures:

Breather020_zps5db8862b-XL.jpg

Breather009_zps2a785939-XL.jpg

Breather001_zps6ce0856c-XL.jpg

Breather034_zps2069eb99-XL.jpg

Cost:
Design 1 = $20/Shipped
Design 2 = $25/Shipped SOLD OUT
Payment: Paypal
Paypal Payment Address: [email protected]

Sorry Jester, after thinking about it some more, would it be possible to change my order to the second style (given the price difference)? Let me know.

Thanks again.

j3st3r

Brian S.
Tennessee
azazell64 said:
Sorry Jester, after thinking about it some more, would it be possible to change my order to the second style (given the price difference)? Let me know.

Thanks again.

Sure, just paypal over the extra $5 and it will ship out tomorrow!

j3st3r

Brian S.
Tennessee
For those sending payments...PLEASE remember to send me your address

[quote author=Champale ]Paypal and PM sent! Thank you for doing these, Brian![/quote]

Shipped!

I received my smancy bracket today and it looks great. I suspect it will mount my canister much more securely.

j3st3r

Brian S.
Tennessee
For those that ordered and I have provided tracking information for, could you please send me a message, or PM and verify that you have received it. I have had several ppl say they cant track the package on ups. These were all sent out UPS 2nd Day Air

I just sent you a PM with the tracking info. I have not received it but it is showing out for delivery today. FWIW I was not able to track this package at first. Most of the bad weather in the Midwest/East coast has really screwed with UPS's operations. I'm a UPS customer and they have been sending service notifications for service interruptions due to the poor weather for a couple of weeks. I would ask all that were not able to track their package to try again just to be sure. You can also get the tracking numbers from your UPS end of day (presuming you are a UPS customer) report and track them as well.

BT

j3st3r

Brian S.
Tennessee
BigTaco said:
I just sent you a PM with the tracking info. I have not received it but it is showing out for delivery today. FWIW I was not able to track this package at first. Most of the bad weather in the Midwest/East coast has really screwed with UPS's operations. I'm a UPS customer and they have been sending service notifications for service interruptions due to the poor weather for a couple of weeks. I would ask all that were not able to track their package to try again just to be sure. You can also get the tracking numbers from your UPS end of day (presuming you are a UPS customer) report and track them as well.

BT

Thanks! Yeah I went in today and entered all of the tracking numbers, and it looks like most are out for delivery today, however one is still stuck in Memphis due to the weather.

I have the peterson catch can and was wondering if anyone knows where I can get the 2 rubber caps to block off the intake and CAI tube on where the PVC valves were connected to. Mine are dry rotted and cracked. I dont want a vaccum leak.
thanks in advance for any help.

superhero said:
I have the peterson catch can and was wondering if anyone knows where I can get the 2 rubber caps to block off the intake and CAI tube on where the PVC valves were connected to. Mine are dry rotted and cracked. I dont want a vaccum leak.
thanks in advance for any help.
All of the parts are listed in the other thread, probably towards the beginning of it, to do your own DIY kit.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=880.0

Sorry to bump up this thread. Anyways, I am going to install the Peterson setup. And will definitely get one of these CUSTOM NO-DRILL BRACKETS from Brian/j3st3r. I wouldn't want to drill into my firewall. Will probably get the Peterson kit from Watson Racing.

Thing is, it says on their site that the can is now 'updated' into a SEALED type (no more oil/gas smell going into the car). Seems like there's a 3rd outlet.

Link: http://shop.watsonracing.com/CATCH-CAN-BREATHER-KIT-5-0-MUSTANG-2005-16-p/wr-pcvcankit.htm

Quite a noob question here, but would the custom no-drill bracket design still fit flush to this updated canister?

Blazing Boss said:
Sorry to bump up this thread. Anyways, I am going to install the Peterson setup. And will definitely get one of these CUSTOM NO-DRILL BRACKETS from Brian/j3st3r. I wouldn't want to drill into my firewall. Will probably get the Peterson kit from Watson Racing.

Thing is, it says on their site that the can is now 'updated' into a SEALED type (no more oil/gas smell going into the car). Seems like there's a 3rd outlet.

Link: http://shop.watsonracing.com/CATCH-CAN-BREATHER-KIT-5-0-MUSTANG-2005-16-p/wr-pcvcankit.htm

Quite a noob question here, but would the custom no-drill bracket design still fit flush to this updated canister?

Actually, no. I have the original Watson set up and just purchased the new kit with the updated can. I thought it would be an easy swap but with the third outlet, the clamp needs to lower in order to fit. This moves the can up (the updated version) too high with Jester's bracket. The bracket needs to be longer by an inch and a half or so to work with the revised can.

Jester???

j3st3r

Brian S.
Tennessee
BigTaco said:
Actually, no. I have the original Watson set up and just purchased the new kit with the updated can. I thought it would be an easy swap but with the third outlet, the clamp needs to lower in order to fit. This moves the can up (the updated version) too high with Jester's bracket. The bracket needs to be longer by an inch and a half or so to work with the revised can.

Jester???

Which bracket do you have, drill or no drill? Not sure I could give a time frame however on getting new ones made, as I dont have one of the new cans to measure off of, or a dimensional drawing of the new can

j3st3r

Brian S.
Tennessee
Blazing Boss said:

Just an FYI, the drill option does not require drilling into the firewall. let me get the picture links fixed and you can see

j3st3r said:
Which bracket do you have, drill or no drill? Not sure I could give a time frame however on getting new ones made, as I dont have one of the new cans to measure off of, or a dimensional drawing of the new can

I have the no drill....

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel