The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Catching up to a GTR down here in Chile...part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
The fellow made his own custom X pipe and exhaust so he had a little problem on one side that needed some adjustments. If had been a OEM type exhaust it would have fit fine.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Just a quick update on how the car went with the Cortex watts link and Torque arm, plus the other suspension bits that went on car. Apparently the car felt much more planted coming out of the corners and with any quick transition the car was solid with no wiggle. The not so good side was the Lap times stayed almost identical to the previous setup... Maybe needs to get used to the suspension and push harder?

That sounds exactly like my experience after the wattslink installation. Like you mentioned, my laptimes decreased once I realized how earlier I could get on the throttle mid-corner, and I adjusted my driving accordingly. But as a reality check, your times won't drop as much compared to a fresh set of tires, or when you go from summer to R comps.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
You'll have to forgive me for asking this, as my Boss 302 Mustang is my first Mustang and it's the only Mustang I've been under, but is that an Automatic transmission oil pan with steel trans cooler lines I see in your picture?

I've read many of your post, but never picked up on the Auto trans before. Did is see this correctly?

Just curious.
302 Hi Pro

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Yup thats my buddies oddball Auto GT. They did not sell manual Mustangs in Chile until the 2015 model. I Bought my Boss from a California dealer and had it shipped down directly. Sako, Thanks! makes sense that it will take a little time to get used to the changes before you start seeing any real changes.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
just a quick update on the project. The auto box was starting to slip a lot and have a mind of its own about which gear it was going into. So, have a Ben Calimer box arriving with a MGW race shifter and a SPec 2+ clutch, Steve at Blowfish racing helped put together a conversion list complete with a new PCM and pedals etc. Car should be finished by the end of the month and then can see if all the suspension goodies works in chasing down the 800hp GTR :eek:

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Well after a long wait while the owner was tied up with to much work, the GT is off to Ford on Monday to get its new PCM set to the keys.

The car ended up as follows....

2014 Mustang GT (auto to Ben Calimer stage one MT82 swap), SPEC stage 2 clutch, MGW race spec shifter, MM camber plates, Pagid RS29 pads, BBK LTH with cattless xpipe and straight pipe, Stoptech ST60 trophy calipers 380mm discs, Castrol SRF, FFRP brake ducts, F14 19x10 and 19x11, R7 Hoosier 295/30-19 and 315/30-19, -2.8 camber, 1 deg toe out, Dynatech 3.5" driveshaft, Cortex extreme Koni race coilovers 600#/350#, BMR adjustable Panhard and Front swaybar, K member, Ajustable A arms, Relocation brackets and LCA. No rear bar. Airaid carbon fiber CAI, 84.5mm TB, MM 6pt roll bar. 3.73 rear ends. Lund tune, Boss 302 intake. Corbeau race seats, no rear seats, no AC etc.

Looking forward to see how it does at the track! Just need a new Lund racing tune for 93 and 100 octane (Sunoco 260gtx plus)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel