The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Catless exhaust muffler choice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

For those running catless setups what are you running as far as mufflers. Currently I have the Flowmaster Outlaw "mufflers" and they are becoming a little too much.

I run Corsa sport system from a gt500 on my setup (dynatech long tubes with off road X-pipe and borla over axle pipes)
I have had a lot of mustangs with a lot of different exhaust setups, this is by far the best setup I have ever had. I know corsa is not cheap but Im sold I wont touch anything else.

ArizonaBOSS said:
Well, what are you looking for?

If you want something dual-purpose I'd try the GT500 mufflers; otherwise Roush if you don't mind the volume.

I am not a fan of either the GT500 (because most cars have it, hipster answer I know) and the Roush have a nice tone but the damn popping drives me batty. I may look at Corsa or Magnaflow, the place that installed and did some fab work on my H pipe carries Magnaflow. I know the car won't be quite now that the cats are out but the sound of the Outlaws now gets on my nerves, it reminds me of a Harley how slappy it sounds.

I have the roush and cat less. Also looking to tone it down some. Sense the Steda tune the poping has been ALOT less.
But when you hammer that go fast pedal it is fricken loud.

I'm running Kooks 1 7/8" mid length headers, Kooks Boss H-pipe with QTP cutouts on Kooks sidepipes connected to Borla OTA pipes and finally into GT500 Quad tips.

KBBOSS1086 said:
Has anyone tried the new RTR (by Magnaflow)? I don't know how they compare to the other mufflers mentioned but I really like the look of the black ceramic tips.

I was looking at those as they don't seem as poppy as the GT500 or the Roush.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel